• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your ex actually pay c/s?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM
  • 57 Replies

I was thinking about this today because my best friend and I both get child support and we consider ourselves very lucky that we do get it. I was just wondering what the % is of moms who want it and don't end up getting it because it was a battle for the first few months to get mine until my lawyer threatened to take my ex's employer to court and after that it was fine because they didn't want the legal fees since they were just starting out. I just don't know what we would do. I don't get any for my first son and it was rough, really, really rough all the time and still now it is hard because things are so expensive. So, I guess I'm half and half.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeepingirrl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I get mine every week right on time from my ex. However he is drawing unemployment and that is supposed to be running out soon.......so I am not to sure what is going to happen if he does not find a job soon!

jennshart
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I got mine before I was divorced but he lost his job and was out of work for over a year!  He has a job now but recently broke his foot and it was devastating not to get c/s, especially since he owes me over $11,000.

ROP
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM

My youngest ds's dad pays every two weeks and he includes his part of his daycare in that. We worked it out ourselves and he said, "I NEVER want to see you in court. I NEVER want you to take me to court over daycare or medical bills or anything. How much do I need to pay to include that and NOT see you in court ever?" Well, we calculated it up and that is what he pays. I do get discounted daycare through the state so really he pays for all of it but at the time we figured it I was going to be working full time and getting no assistance. Oh, well I guess. I just wish at times I got something from my other son's dad....the state however terminated his rights and his right to pay me anything because he was declared totally unfit and psychologically unstable....yeah....he only makes like, 90k a year and has been fine since we were out of his life....of course....

iluvmyboys4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM

My ex pays when ever he feels like it  :(

marperskin
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM

NO MY BABY DADDY (THAT SOUND FUNNY) NO MY SON FATHER DON'T PAY ME AND CHILD SUPPORT . HE DOSE A GOOD JOB SUPPORTING HIS CHILD, I DON'T HAVE TO ASK HIM FOR ANYTHING. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE MY CHILD IS OLDER, HE CAN TELL HIS FATHER WHAT HE NEED. AND HE IS A BRAT SO HE GET IT. I WISH EVERYBODY HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEY OTHER LIKE I DO. WE ARE COOL. happy 

crazyinlove122
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM

i get c/s every two weeks.... but its taken directly out of his check and put into my sons 'account/card thingy' lol.... but its only that way because i ended up taking it to court so no matter how mad we were at eachother our son would be taken care of and he would spend time with his father....

mrsary
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM
i get none!
mamtweety
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:58 PM

My son's father pays once in a while.  He is court ordered and it is supposed to be a payroll deduction but for whatever reason it isn't coming from his employer.  I call child support about once a month so they will keep trying to get it from him and also to make his life difficult.  His license has been restricted and it is getting close to a bench warrent being put out for him. 

kcook55
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:00 PM

no i don't get child support. ds dad is ordered to pay 50% of all his needs but monthly payments are 0.00 every month. and dd father is dead and she don't qualify for any death benefits from him for 1 damn credit

coffee.crisp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Nope.  And he makes about $80K/year.  Assh@le.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)