Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F this ish! (new question in red- PLEASE read!) new update: i hate BD

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:20 AM
  • 11 Replies

so i'm sick again.... in May, i was sick with strep and i think i got it again.. and i'm sick of it! last night was HORRIBLE! it was so bad that i didnt want to fight with DS to go to bed, so i went to bed while he played with his toys and watched TV (thank you noggin!). pretty sure he stayed up til like 2am, but at this point, i dont even care! i fell asleep around midnight and my room looks a MESS! lol

only reason why i dont think its strep is b/c i have some crazy body aches... like i worked out for 2 hours on some weight machines... but i havent worked out on them in like a week and the aches only started when i got sick.... plus when i lay down then get back up, i get SO dizzy! like faint dizzy.

so any ideas how to get rid of a really sore throat, body aches and the dizziness?

So... soon after i wrote this, i was hit with something bad! i kept throwing up water (i kept sippin on that all night) and then it was just the stomach acid stuff that was coming up... and then i started to have really bad diarrhea.. basically i was sitting on the toilet and throwing up bile into a towel.. for THREE hours! well, maybe more like two hours and tehn i fell asleep on the bathroom floor for that last hour. could that also be strep symptoms as well? i havent felt that bad in so long! :-(

so yea- this isnt BD's fault, but i hate him for not being here. i hate him for not giving me a chance to just call and say "hey, i'm really sick and DS needs someone to care for him and that needs to be you b/c you are dad" whatever i have, DS now has... i think. he hasnt said anything about his throat (that was my first problem), but me and him both are running a fever of 102-103. i'm so worn down- i want to cry b/c i'm so sick and now, DS is sick and there's nothing i can do to make him feel better. i cant give him any meds (he wont take it- he'll just throw it back up) and i just want to curl up and hide. i'm already in the bathroom enough, now on top of it all- i get to "deal" with DS's stuff- normally, i wont mind, but not when i'm sick. its like its just all spilling over..

and i know that this is really stupid, but my class tomorrow-- if i miss a day, the "punishment" is that you have to give a 10 minute oral presentation about the final project... which i cant do! i have some major social anxiety... so its either that, or force DS to go to the babysitter's tomorrow so i can go to school... but i dont want him to be there if he doesnt feel good. plus i dont want to get the other kids sick even tho he's only there for 3 hours.

i hate BD! i hate him so much! if he was around, he could care for DS and i wouldnt be in this predicament!

(i am planning on going to the doctors tomorrow, and i might just make an appointment for DS's doctors too)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Body aches? The only thing that I have had that gives me body aches is the flu. I hope you are feeling better soon!

jbbrom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 AM

I felt exactly that way when i had strep last.  I was so dizzy that I blacked out when I stood up. and earlier that day the body aches were horrible and it all hit me like a train about an hour before I left work. the meds didnt even take away the sore throat for almost a week! I lived on fruit smoothies!

kevinfsmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:13 AM

It stinks to be sick! Hope you are better soon!

LuluMa27
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:29 AM
Ugh I hate strep throat! I used to get that all the time when I was younger! I had to get my tonsils out bc it had gotten so bad my throat swelled shut. I haven't gotten it since!

Hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arisce
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Garlic. Go buy some garlic and take the smaller cloves, peel them and swallow them. It's a natural antibiotic. Do that 3-4 times a day. Other then that you're probably looking at a doctors visit and ABx

Singlemomks
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I used to get strep alot when I was a kid, and it did make my body ache and get dizzy. It can be just as bad as having the flu. It sounds like a dr. appointment and some antibotics are in order! Hope you feel better real soon!

LadeeBellaDonna
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Those symptoms sound just like what you've got... strep. I didn't know strep included body aches until my middle daughter got it when she was about 2. She would lay around all day and if she even moved an inch she would start screaming in pain. Scared the crap out of me when she did... I didn't know what was wrong. I took her to the doctor and her Dr. said that she had strep... but her throat wasn't hurting or even red, it was in her joints. I did not know it could do that! She put her on antibiotics and she started feeling better in a couple days.

You will probably have to go to the doctor for that and get some antibiotics. I would hun! Take care and get better soon!

Ohh garlic! I didn't know that. I'll have to remember that!

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM

bump for the new question

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM

You poor thing! I have not had strep that I can remember so I am not sure if those are symptoms. Can you call your doctor? A lot of times I will just call and see if there is something going around that I may have caught.

As far as the throwing up goes try eating a apple. That is usually the only thing I can keep down when I am sick like that. It also makes you feel less thirsty. I sure hope you start feeling better soon!!!

jbbrom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM

yes vomiting is a symptom of strep!!! I work at a daycare and one of the kids was hospitalized for severe dehydration from vomiting and he had strep!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)