Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dhs cs ?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:59 AM
  • 6 Replies
Ok ladies my stbx and I are seperated not legally divorced yet. I Jus had our 3 rd baby last wk and he left me and all 3 kids crying the day we came home from the hospital to go to s bar, than last night his 'girlfriend' called me to ask if we were still together and he had met her at the bar that night. Ugh hes such a sorry sob. Anyway- he's been screaming foronths that I can't do it bc we are still married. We haven't lived together since Oct of last yr, and I desperately need day care asst. With 3 kids under 3 now going to attend. Well u have to have an open case for them to qualify in my state. So has anyone else submitted paper work and wasn't legally divorced yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM

I was never married but I am pretty sure as long as the divorce in in process you can submit the paperwork. Good luck!

Arisce
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM

As long as you're not living with him you can submit paper work.

Singlemomks
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I was never married either - but I am pretty sure that if you are not living together, you can file paperwork. Good luck!

tyfry7496
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I was never married, but in Wisconsin if you are living with the father you can file for child support.  The only way you will know for certain is to talk to the child support agency and the PA office. Good luck!!

fairymom2316
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

BUMP!

lissa27504
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I was married......I filed for legal separation, custody, child support, alimony (later dropped!), eqitiable distribution of property and assets...the whole 9 yards.   In North Carolina you have to be separated for a year before you can file for divorce.    I was awarded child support....well at first he paid the mortgage on HIS house in lieu of paying child support because the boys and I were staying there (he was kicked out---"divorce from bed and board"   it's a legal separation where he has to get out of the house even though it's his house).   As soon as I bought my house and moved in then actual child support started.  I could have agreed to child support in the beginning but I would have been responsible for the mortgage and I couldn't afford it. 

**EDIT** I never filed for child care assistance becuase I don't qualify.....but in NC you can get child support if you are married but legally separated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)