Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rebounding

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'll admit I have a crush. Correction, I have a taboo crush. I dont know what to do about it. Its not something I can act upon or even acknowledge. There is no way anything can come of it, so I wont even bother. He is the first man who has shown me any sort of interest since my exhusband. Yet I feel like a schoolgirl in that Im thinking about him all day and night. I await his emails and hope to run into him. Im just sick of myself. Why is this happening if there is no future in it?!  It's just plain cruel.  My heart wont stop, even though my head knows that there is NO WAY it will ever progress into anything more than friendship. Plus, I know I am rebounding and probably not thinking clearly. *shakes her head* Im just a hot mess.

Anyone dealt with anything similar?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Find something else to do that will help keep your mind off of him. Don't email him so often, and remind yourself he's off limits. You need to focus on taking care of you right now, so you can fully heal from your divorce.

luvmykaitygrace
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I actually LOVE feeling like that! But why can't anything come of it?
I'm a firm believer in rebounding! It's the ONLY thing that got me over my ex once and for all!

I say just keep it quiet have some fun and when your feeling better kick him to the curb! It will be a good confidence builder! Well unless he has feeling for you then it's just mean but if it's just a sexual thing and you can keep it that way, GO FOR IT!

single_and_preg
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I love that feeling too! It makes me happy!

Why cant it progress into anything?

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Im with the other girls.....I love the high feeling of whatis forbidden.....in fact the simple fact that you say nothing can become of it is probably where all the attraction is coming from to begin with!

Why is he off limits?

Kissybratzmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Why can't it progress?

MegaMamaTX
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I am enjoying the feelings since I havent had them for so long.

Please dont bash me, but he's a priest! My priest to be exact.  See what I mean about not being able to act on it? To me, that would be crossing the line. :(  I volunteer at my church and am in and out of the church office so I have more chances to run into him. I feel like the devil in disguise.

Why is this happening?

luvmykaitygrace
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Like a Catholic priest?! Like that can't be married?! And he's showing interest in you?!

Gosh this is a tough spot! I would find a different Church to be totally honest. I think you could be playing with fire and it could change too many more important things in your life like how you view your faith. I would just eliminate the whole situation all together by finding another church!

Quoting MegaMamaTX:

Please dont bash me, but he's a priest! My priest to be exact.  See what I mean about not being able to act on it? To me, that would be crossing the line. :(  I volunteer at my church and am in and out of the church office so I have more chances to run into him. I feel like the devil in disguise.

Why is this happening?

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Quoting MegaMamaTX:

Why is this happening?

Oh wow! A priest huh?

I can understand your position now.

I would have to distance myself from the situation. Is he showing interest in you at all? Or is he being there for you as yoru priest?

My dirty little mind can see this going so many ways....but your best bet is to probably go looking for another church......

MegaMamaTX
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Quoting luvmykaitygrace:

Like a Catholic priest?! Like that can't be married?! And he's showing interest in you?!

Gosh this is a tough spot! I would find a different Church to be totally honest. I think you could be playing with fire and it could change too many more important things in your life like how you view your faith. I would just eliminate the whole situation all together by finding another church!

Quoting MegaMamaTX:

Why is this happening?

Yeah, he's catholic. Im not saying he is showing interest in me, but he's been friendly. Perhaps Ive read it the wrong way or whatever, but at any rate I have developed feelings for him.

Im not willing to leave the church. My kids are enrolled in religious education there, our family goes there and we have a life with this church. Im not going to let my feelings for the priest push me away from something so meaningful to me. Besides, there ar 2 other priests here too.

I just need to squelch my feelings and get over it.

MegaMamaTX
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Quoting jeepingirrl:

Oh wow! A priest huh?

I can understand your position now.

I would have to distance myself from the situation. Is he showing interest in you at all? Or is he being there for you as yoru priest?

My dirty little mind can see this going so many ways....but your best bet is to probably go looking for another church......

Thanks. I have a dirty mind too. Hehe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)