Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follow-up post on dating while pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
So, I posted a couple weeks ago about dating while pregnant. Thank you ALL for your kind replies & honest input.
I've known a man for about a year but given our life state last summer we thought it wise to hold off on dating. I was having ex issues and needed to focus on us and the children & his ex moved his children out of state. He got them back, my ex issues are resolved & life is pretty good for the most part. I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant by a very brief relationship with a man who insisted I abort. Obviously I didn't and he wants me to place baby for adoption. If I don't, he's firm on the fact that he'll pay child support if the court makes him & only after a paternity test. He's the father. He knows it, but so be it.
Anyhow, I've been talking to & recently begun dating this man I'd met a year ago. We talk about everything. Our chemistry is astounding. Our friendship, interests & personality mesh so well. I feel like I should be afraid but I'm not. I'm level-headed. I've been through a terrible marriage but know exactly what I cannot settle for ever again. Everything feels so right. I dig & search for red flags but have found none. Yes, I'm taking it slowly but every fiber of my being says he really & truly could be IT!
Is that possible? Am I crazy to believe in a fairytale come true when for so long I've never believed that possible?
Sorry for rambling. I'm so happy but the realistic me thinks oh come on. Maybe for other people but not for me. Then I wonder why the heck not?!
He's away on national guard training right now and I miss him like crazy. That too is unusual for me as I've gotten very used to my own life & space with my kids.
Anyhow, thank you for reading :)
I hope everyone is having a nice Monday.
S.xo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyofKandC
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Congrats hope things continue to get better

single_and_preg
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Wow that is great!

bamababe1975
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:07 PM

hugs

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Sounds like things are going great! And I agree.....why not you? Good things dont only need to happen to other people!

Singlemomks
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

YAY! I hope things continue to go well!

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Thank you, ladies! I guess I'm used to having a good life in the fact that I've got 4 great, healthy children but I just never really thought anyone would find interest in joining this life, ya know?
I guess that's part of the single mommy mentality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:47 AM

He will be gone another week and a half for national guard training and omg, I miss him SO much. What has this man done to me? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)