Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:08 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I become a nurse or do something easier?

Options:

YES

NO

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Well I am going to college in Jan because i need to and i have to study for the SATs, but my problem is my dads side of the family does not believe I'm smart enough to go into what i want to be and said i should find something easier. I'm a single mom of two wonderful kids and want a great life for them, My heart says go and be a Nurse i want to either work or Labor and Devlier or at a OBGYN office. They think i should do something with Bussines, Also some back ground info on me i dropped out of high school at 17 for a guy who knocked me up and left then i got married ahd had baby #2 i just got my GED in june (thats why im waiting to start school also)  Maybe tehy are right i havent done smart things in the past but should that mean i cant be what i want to be

Im a single teenage mom who wouldnt trade her kids for anything. I am a vaxxing, cio, ff , dispoable diaper using, spanking when it is needed, loves cooking with the kids kind of mom. Alexis 3-12-07 and Thomas Jr 5-19-09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lextjmom0709
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Bump

ipissexcellence
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM

i'm starting school next month for nursing. i say go for it. if you really want to do it and enjoy it then the school should be easy (sorta, i'm horrible at math so thats hard for me no matter how much i enjoy it). go for it, and good luck

MedicSas
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM

You do what you are going to be happy doing.  Don't ever let someone else decide what you do with your future.  Its your future!  I was a single mother while going to school to become a paramedic.  Its not an easy field to go into but i couldn't imagine myself doing anything else.  Its what i wanted to do and i did it.   I hope to in the future go back to school and earn my RN degree.  Don't let someone tell you your not smart enough.  People have opinions, but that shouldn't decide YOUR future.

ROP
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I say do what you want! And don't even start selling yourself short in the beginning because things get harder and you have to remember that you can get through the hardest parts.

I am going back to school for nursing. It was what I originally planned from about 7 on and then I decided to go the party school route and get a degree in psych/social work and then try to get a MSW but I changed my mind, ditched the MSW idea and am starting nursing school. I even still have prereq to take! LOL

Go for what you want and you will be the happiest.

Saracide
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Nursing is hard. The divorce rate is high in nursing students. If you are willing to dedicate the time and energy to it, and not be around your family as much, id say go for it.
My DF is a nurse. I am a CNA. It's a tough profession.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lextjmom0709
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I am going thru a divorce already before i choose nursing as what i wanted to be so he isnt a problem

nmeyer617
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Going to school, paying all that money is not worth it if you don't love what you're doing. If you want it, go for it.

Shame on your family for making you feel stupid. They need to support you!!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM

what makes them think you are not smart enough?

i hate to break it to you but you can do anything you set your mind to.  yeah it might be hard but hoenstly, that is why you get to be so damn proud of it when you finish!

you need to do what you want to do.  you need a job you can be happy and proud of.  you need to follow your dreams and tell the haters to kiss your ass.

yes you should become a nurse if that's what you want!!

lextjmom0709
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:37 PM

thanks everyone my mom is 100% for me to do this my dad talked her out of going back to nursing school and now me i love helping people and maybe one day he will feel dumb when i finish

Saracide
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Go for it girly! I hope one day ill be able to do it hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)