Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

so i finally caved and went after child support how long does that usually take to do

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tyfry7496
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

It can takes MONTHS. Really depends on the case load when you file and how busy Family Court is. I just filed to have mine reviewd and don't have a court date until OCT 6th!!!!!

m2b8609
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM

holy crap

tyfry7496
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Exactlly!!! I know in my county in Wisconsin, there are a lot of cases but not enough workers and they are  not hiring anymore so it takes a while. When I first did my case in 1996, it only took about 2 months from when I filed. There are a lot of divorces, single parents, etc. I wish you a speedy case.

m2b8609
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM

thanks i was done being broke all the time not being able to pay bills with having money left for her things so i decided instead of just filing for medical support for her i was going to go for it all if he thinks his gf and him need to have a baby hes going to support the first one regardless of whether he wanted anything to do with her or not

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM

In MI it really did not take long. It took like a month but I guess it really depends because I have known people that have had to wait a couple of months.

imogensmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:25 AM

As long as he has a job, you will get money soon!  It took me 2 years to start seeing and $ becuase he refused to get a job to pay support.  They ended up throwing him in jail and everything until he wised up and started paying his fair share!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)