Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GOOODNESS sakes!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

LOL! So I made a post in another group. I knew they were dramatic and love bashing anyone, but I really didnt think it was THAT bad.

I posted about how I was a little irritated that my Grandma just bought my DD all her school supplies, and I was excited to go do that. I appreciate it, but thts something that is my place to do. My mom never did that for me, so I want it to be clear I was always excited and more than willing to do it with my DD. And how Gma often steps on my toes when it comes to this and other similar things.

They are going off about how I should have kept my mouth shut when I Explained to Grandma I am thankful but I wanted to do it with her, but she got offended. And all this other stuff.

Why are so many of these moms so dramatic? I dont get it!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:59 AM

LOL.....I swear, I think some of the moms have nothing better to do than sit in some of these groups and act like their shit dont stink. They really need to find something else to do with themselves. I get quite a chuckle out of how some of them think they are so high and mighty......

Mommyof2n0308
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM

lol I KNOW!! They are so crazy!!! Im on here often but Im also doing homework while the kids are playing or whatever and never do I bash someone for stupid stuff.

I have totally realized that getting a bunch of moms that stay home with different lifestyles, beliefs, ect, behind a computer screen wasnt that brilliant of an idea. Im glad I have this group though, you ladies are awesome!

gregory2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM
I completely feel u!!! My mom recently did this to me. My oldest is starting pre school in Aug and I had been pumping him up about big boy school so I was waiting on my pay ck and I figured jus me and him could go to the store to pick out a back pack (esp bc he has a 22 mo old brother and a nb baby sister and daddy jus walked out on us) so I figured he and I would have some fun one on one getting ready for big boy school.
Well my mom calls the other night asking if brody was still up and I said yes and she was like well we have a surprise for him. Well her and my step dad come in wit a toy story back pack for him. Which he loves and is so proud and I know they had all good intentions and I never told them what I wasplanning on doing. It did hurt my feelings though bc I wanted him and I to go do it together. Anywho- I understand it not that u don't appreciate it its jus something u wanted to share wit ur dd. (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Wellll I had already bought her book bag and stuff, she just bought little stuff like a folder, scissors, pencils, highlighters and little stuff. I appreciate it, and I dont have money for it, but why is it so hard to ask me. "Hey do you want me to pick up some of the stuff she needs, or do you wanna go with me" before.  Its not a big deal, no, but its always little things she does that irritate me because Im her mom, and I feel like she is trying to take that from me.

We have seperate sides of the house, and she is constantly asking DD to be on her side with her, so now DD wont even sit here with me and DS or play over here.

I just find it INSANE, and I would never recommend this site to some of my mommy friends, because I have not seen one group, other than this one, that is not full of drama!  My mommy friends would be disgusted at how many women on here find it amusing to put other women down!

sterlingxheart
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM
One thing I've noticed is I guess single moms tend to love the feeling of being able to do all this for their kids by themselves. I'm like that, badly. And other moms who maybe aren't in our situation look at it as well I don't have to buy it then but personally I like doing all of It myself and knowing I'm able to. It gives me a sense of happiness all of its own. I understand where you're coming from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Thats true!! Anther mom asked if this was her first year of school. DD will be in 1st grade, (tear) and yes it is her first year to go school shopping, ect, ect! So maybe thats why it bugged me. Im not pissed. Im not mad. Im not upset. It just bugged me because once again she took over on something I wanted to do, but I do appreciate it!

angeltanny
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Often my mother does it to me.  But this is the first year that my daughter wll be starting school so I beat her to it I went in May and did my school shopping for supplies.  Now I told her she can buy one uniform outfit otherwise I will return it.  My mom thinks it funny but slowly she realizes that she does step on my toes specially since we have talked about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)