Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is child support paid every pay period?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

Or is a once a month deal? I live in Ohio and the father gets paid bi-weekly.

I found an online calculator for Ohio and you plug in some info and it gives a guesstimate for how much. For 2 kids with their fathers job it was $800 something. Now I could only assume that's monthly.

Sorry, I just don't know how ANY of this stuff works.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sunshineforall
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

It depends on when they get paid.  

DS#1 --his father gets paid every 2 weeks. So I get 2 checks a month. (rarely I get 3 only when a month has 5 weeks and i got one the first. hope that makes sense)

DS#2--his father gets paid on the 15th (unless holiday or weekend than the day before that) and the last day of the month (28th, 30th, or 31st).  I still get 2 checks a month because I get the 31st childsupport the next month. due to mailing)

hope that made sense. 

They divide the monthly amount i am 2 receive in half.  I get half at th beginning and half at the end of the month. HTH>

--Nicole--
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting sunshineforall:

It depends on when they get paid.  

DS#1 --his father gets paid every 2 weeks. So I get 2 checks a month. (rarely I get 3 only when a month has 5 weeks and i got one the first. hope that makes sense)

DS#2--his father gets paid on the 15th (unless holiday or weekend than the day before that) and the last day of the month (28th, 30th, or 31st).  I still get 2 checks a month because I get the 31st childsupport the next month. due to mailing)

hope that made sense. 

They divide the monthly amount i am 2 receive in half.  I get half at th beginning and half at the end of the month. HTH>

Makes sense...thanks. So if 800 something is somewhat accurate my guess would be I would get 400ish bi-weekly. I couldn't imagine if it WAS 800 something biweekly, that crazy insane and alot for cs lol

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

tyfry7496
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM

It depends on how it is set up and how the person paying is paid from their job. Mine is done monthly, but in the past has been weekly or biweekly.

Mama2Miri
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM

My baby daddy gets paid on the 1st and 15th of every month (Active duty) but I get my payments on the first of every month. Hard to explain military pay but they take it from prev month and pay it the 1st of the next month in one direct deposit for me.

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM

In MI the estimator is what you would get paid monthly.  Seeing he gets paid every other week you will get your child support every other week.

nursetani
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I get paid the way my ex gets paid, on the 15 and the 30. but it takes the state about a week to direct deposit it into my account.

avasmamma632
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

As far as I am aware it is however you set it up, but I think generally it is monthly. Good luck. Has he been ordered to pay you yet?

--Nicole--
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Quoting avasmamma632:

As far as I am aware it is however you set it up, but I think generally it is monthly. Good luck. Has he been ordered to pay you yet?

No, we're separated right now for awhile. He still supports us all financially b/c I'm in btw jobs right now. He says he still wants to be with me, but idk anymore. So I'm just hoping for the best and planning for the worse type of thing right now lol.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)