Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

So about two weeks ago my ex went to FL. He went for work and did not know when he would be back. He did even ask me if things went well down there if I would consider relocating. So I was under the assumption her would be there a while.

Our daughter misses him bad. She is 2. Our son who is 4 has even asked when dad is coming to pick them up. He saw them weekly when he was here and had them every other saturday and sunday. This past thursday my daughter asked if dad was coming to get her. She asked again yesterday morning as soon as she woke up. I called him so she could talk to him and she said "I miss you dad". It about ripped my heart right out of my chest!

So anyways after talking to him he said he originally was planning on 6 to 8 weeks down there but he is going to start calling around here tomorrow and seeing if there is any work around here for him so he can come back. I hope he does make it back soon....I got one sad little girl over here that misses her dad.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ROP
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Awww, I was wondering how all that turned out. :(

It must be awful to be a little kid and just not know what is going on and understand that work is work etc.

I'm remembering now when my dad moved 4 hours away for a job to "test it" before he moved all of us and it was heartbreaking. We were apart a year because my parents couldn't find an apartment that was more than 1 bedroom at the time....poor little thing.

Hopefully he finds work close by.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I hope he finds work.  My kids had the same problem only their dad didn't care about them anymore or at least how much he gets to see them.  It is sad and hard for me to watch their little hearts break.  My son is 14 now and won't hardly go see his dad anymore. He bluntly says, "If he wanted to spend more time with me, he shouldn't have moved away".

My case is different than yours though because their dad didn't HAVE to go away.  He just wanted too.

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Quoting ame4c:

I hope he finds work.  My kids had the same problem only their dad didn't care about them anymore or at least how much he gets to see them.  It is sad and hard for me to watch their little hearts break.  My son is 14 now and won't hardly go see his dad anymore. He bluntly says, "If he wanted to spend more time with me, he shouldn't have moved away".

My case is different than yours though because their dad didn't HAVE to go away.  He just wanted too.

That is heartbraking. How do you ever explain to a child that their parent just is really not that interested in them anymore?

My ex really did not have to go to FL for work....there is plenty around here in his field...I think he has other things going on in his life and wanted to get away for a while. Which is fine....but not when you got kids that look forward to seeing you weekly. Im sure there is a whole lot more of him going to FL than I will ever know.......

jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Quoting ROP:

Awww, I was wondering how all that turned out. :(

It must be awful to be a little kid and just not know what is going on and understand that work is work etc.

I'm remembering now when my dad moved 4 hours away for a job to "test it" before he moved all of us and it was heartbreaking. We were apart a year because my parents couldn't find an apartment that was more than 1 bedroom at the time....poor little thing.

Hopefully he finds work close by.

I was 4 when my parents divorced. I was very close to my dad just as my daughter is close to hers. My whole world fell apart during that time. I just do not want her to feel like I did because all of a sudden my dad was not there and I could not see him all the time like I wanted to.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:37 AM

ugh i hate that.

my ex picked up our 12 yr old for a week. well he was supposed to take our almost 16 yr old a week and he couldnt cuz he had to work out of town. hes been a flake in the past and my son is hurt. id even know what to say :(

ame4c
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Quoting jeepingirrl:

That is heartbraking. How do you ever explain to a child that their parent just is really not that interested in them anymore?

My ex really did not have to go to FL for work....there is plenty around here in his field...I think he has other things going on in his life and wanted to get away for a while. Which is fine....but not when you got kids that look forward to seeing you weekly. Im sure there is a whole lot more of him going to FL than I will ever know.......

It's hard.  I just let my kids know that I would NEVER leave them and I am their rock.  My kids are older now so they know who is there for them and who isn't.  It's all you can do.  Their father is not the same man I married, so I have no idea what to tell them either.  I just let them vent to me now and not say anything.  I look at it this way, the man is making his own bed and one day when he's laying in that bed he will wish he didn't kiss the best things in his life away.

I have a father that doesn't have anything to do with me, so I know how they feel and I am grateful everyday for the friends and family I do have.  It helps ease (not remove, but ease) the pain of knowing that I was just a big mistake to my father.

ame4c

AMsMommy212
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

:-( Poor baby girl!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM

that's so sad.

i am glad he is putting the kids first though and trying to come back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)