Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about pregnancy!!!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 2:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
I understand that your body goes through changes and you are suppose to gain 30-40 pounds! My doctor says that my weight is were it should be. I haven't really gainied weight anywhere other than my stomach! THANK YOU JESUS!!!! but my face looks really different. My nose is huge I just want to know if anyone else had experienced  there nose expanding and if it went back to normal after the pregnancy? Oh and another question : does anyone have tips on getting back to the size you were before the pregnancy

Before the pregnancy
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoCam
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 2:46 PM
You are the cutest pregnant person ever!! My nose didn't get bigger but my face did look different, not fat, but just different and I think it went back to normal. I gained about 40 lbs and all in my stomach. YAY!! I walked alot after I had my son. I didn't do too much until my son was about 3 months old. I did NOT feel like working out at first. Then I got more into it but I never went back to my old workout schedule. I was too tired. But I was lucky and went right back to my pre baby weight after about a month. I'm pregnant again and I don't know if my body will go back that easily the second time but I try to walk and eat right. I think just taking the baby for walks will help out alot. Good luck and don't worry!!
jus1jess
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 2:47 PM
weird. never heard of that happpening in the nose. but i know your ribs expand then retract afterwards, so i guess your nose will too. i also heard your feet can grow. pregnancy is a hard weird process. lol. i used to be a 34B n with the new ribs, i'm a 38C. it's crazy.

sosojenn
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 2:48 PM
It's all genetics.

I gained 12lbs during my pregnancy...my nose got a little wide during it too LOL!
But now my nose is more pointy post-pregnancy.
Also I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant.....after I had my daughter the weight just fell off of  me.

mom4364
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 2:50 PM
my sisters nose swelled, she always cried about it. saying she looked like a fat pig, lol just part of pregnancy, will go back to normal after you have baby. no worries p.s. you look beautiful in your photos
JanetFuller33
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Quoting LoCam:

You are the cutest pregnant person ever!! My nose didn't get bigger but my face did look different, not fat, but just different and I think it went back to normal. I gained about 40 lbs and all in my stomach. YAY!! I walked alot after I had my son. I didn't do too much until my son was about 3 months old. I did NOT feel like working out at first. Then I got more into it but I never went back to my old workout schedule. I was too tired. But I was lucky and went right back to my pre baby weight after about a month. I'm pregnant again and I don't know if my body will go back that easily the second time but I try to walk and eat right. I think just taking the baby for walks will help out alot. Good luck and don't worry!!

Oh thank you for the compliment!!! and the advice I walk in the evenings a lot so hopefully when he does come i can still do that!!!
JanetFuller33
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 3:06 PM
I hope my face does go down....i understand how your sister feels!!!

thanks guys for the replies ...keeping my fingers cross!
manda.lias.mom
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Your body so changes... I always tell my friends that are pregnant.  I hope you enjyed the body you got pregnant with because it is not the same one you are left with afterwards.  My feet are a size bigger, my butt never shrank back down( that is where I gained all my weight ...nice. :(  ) my breasts sag and I am covered in stretch marks.  Would I change it?... Never, my body is proof that I brought life into this world.

As for your nose, I have seen and heard that and it does "shrink" but it still may not be the same.  Wear it proudly, you earned it!!!

taramichelle
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 8:04 PM
oh my gosh you have to be the cutest pregnant girl I have seen! I havent heard the nose thing, but I wouldnt worry about it you are adorable. It does kinda make sense though, because since your blood volume doubles you can have more sinus pressure.  my feet seem to bit a tad bit bigger and maybe my butt but I neeed that my butt was too small lol

taramichelle1012
tinkerbellava
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 9:50 PM
My best friends nose got REALLY wide during her pregnancies!!!!   It did go back shortly after her daughter was born and then she got pregnant again!!!  It hasn't gone back down completely yet but then the baby is only a month old....and it has gone down partly so.....don't worry about the nose!!!   As far as the pre-pregnancy body thing......I'd love to help but I'm still working on that myself!!!

~Adrienne & Ava

Madismom310
by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Yes it happened when I was pregnant with my daughter but it went back to normal, now I am pregnant again and yes it is happeneing again. They say it happens if your having a girl and in my case it is 100% true as I have one girl and one on the way (she will be here on the 25th of this month)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)