Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Baby Momma / Baby Daddy? WTF!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Is it just me or does the term Baby Momma and Baby Daddy send a gut renching chill down your spine? I absolutely HATE that title. Mother/Father of my child or my child's Mom/Dad just sounds better over all. Hell, call him sperm donor for all I care just not Baby Daddy!  I see that term as degrading and just ghetto!

For example, the song by Fantasia. I totally understand and appreciate the message that she is trying to send out. But the term Baby Momma is NOT a "badge of honor" for me. Being a **Single Mom** however, is.

Am I alone on this?

by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Replies (21-26):
Msdees2006
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Sperm Donor is the same as Jack ass...Jack for short...whenever I refer to that man I call him Jack LOL

I don't think I would like anyone referring to me as Baby Momma because I am more than that....

Did anyone see the movie "Why did I get married" ??? I saw it this weekend and just loved it....
mom4364
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 8:12 PM
i totally 100% agree
Spotlight
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 8:24 PM
At the risk of being out numbered, I have to say that the term baby daddy really doesn't bother me.  I don't know about you, but between me and the people I associate with you can tell how the mom feels about the father but the term she uses for him. i.e. Sperm donor, she has just about given up on him.  Baby daddy she can't stand him, but he isn't excatly out of the picture.  Child's father parents are still on good terms.  And calling by his names usually means that they are still together, or at least messing around.  But like I said that is in my circle of people. And if my daughter's father called me baby mama, I would be a little ticked.  But heck if that's how he feels about me oh well.  I don't care too much for him either.  hahaha
Kawanis
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 5:31 PM
I like how you broke that down. *lol* I can't stand the phrase baby daddy but I really can't stand him. It's something that I have to pray about because the mention of his name makes me want to kick things.
Tara922c
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 11:59 PM
I will say baby daddy, or baby momma if I am joking around. I would never let my daughter hear me say that.
Pipa05
by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 12:04 AM
I Dont like it either it to me just sounds sooo stupid,
My sons father refered to me as His Baby Momma once and I
puked in my mouth alittle when I was told about it. (For more than one reason lol) 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN