Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stupid question

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 11:46 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I'm very new to this being single thing, after being with someone for 10 1/2 yrs.  How do you handle the stupid things such as my son has asthma and there have been several times that I've had to take him to the hospital at night and has been admitted.  What do you do when you have another child at home?  I've never had to worry about that before, I've always just left my other child home with my bf.
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2007 at 11:51 AM
Actually...My kids are always sick and have been in the hospital a few times since I left their dad.  Usually both of the kids go along.  Its not fun...but it has to be done.  The other day my son was taken to the hospital by ambulance while at daycare,  I left my daughter there and went to the hospital.  But, my daycare lady and I have known each other forever and she doesent mind keeping them if I need her to.  Its hard being on your own!

ETA:  Both of my kids have health problems...so we are at the Dr.'s/hospital often.  I always keep a bag in the car with toys, snacks, books, crayons...anything to keep the kids busy.  The Dr.'s are not fun for any kids...but I make sure I have stuff with me all the time to help pass time.
Marcia01
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 11:54 AM
That is an ajdustment.  You will have to find someone whom you can call at the last minute incase of an emergency to help you out.   There was one thing he was good for ,- that we were  able to run out at the drop of a dime and not have to worry about the other children at home.
Kidz_n_Dogz
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 2:18 PM
I'm a single mom and have had up to four kids (I have one biological and 1-3 foster children at any given time).  Whenever a medical/psychiatric emergency has occurred I have taken all the kids with me.  In a weird way it can be a bonding experience for us all to be there and support one another.  It just makes us a stronger family.
Huston_Boys
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Quoting Kidz_n_Dogz:

I'm a single mom and have had up to four kids (I have one biological and 1-3 foster children at any given time).  Whenever a medical/psychiatric emergency has occurred I have taken all the kids with me.  In a weird way it can be a bonding experience for us all to be there and support one another.  It just makes us a stronger family.

I agree.  I always take everyone.  It is difficult and inconvenience but in the big picture you are a family and a solid family sticks together through every occasion.  It has bonded my two older boys.
MikisMommy
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Take the whole crew!

-Mari, Mommy of Mikaela Eve

Madge1428
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 5:07 PM
All must go especially in the middle of the night.  If your kids are old enough just explain it to them.  They'll understand.

Madge

terrylou68
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 5:10 PM
Why would you think that was a stupid question????  I don't have an answer for you since I only have one child, but that was NOT a stupid question!  It is a very valid concern.  I'm sure you will adjust and do great! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)