Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared, nervous dont know what to do (sons father)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
My sons father has been in jail most of his life. The time he was out he barely seen him and one time he left bruises on him etc. Well we haven't heard from since january 07 besides in april 07 at court. At that time he said I will come pick him for a little the next day, didn't hear anything. Well all of a sudden he wrote me on facebook today and said shouldn't I be able to talk to my son, I don't mind not seeing him. The court order was that he would have him 5 days at spring break, 1 week in the summer and 1 week winter break. Well I call every month on the first too his mom, I never get an answer so I leave a message. When its time to get him I call a week straight. My son doesn't want to see him and even told the counselor he sees that and told her why. I'm scared bc he always tells my son that he's going to take him and he will never see me again, he was dealing drugs with him in his care (once that I know of) his family is very violent and is known for killing shooting and stabbing eachother for 5 dollars. We are in different states but I don't know what to do....any advise will be accepted thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jeepingirrl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:53 AM

If your ex is that violent of a person than why would you call him for a week straight to see if he is going to come pick your son up? I would want him to stay as far away as possible! If I were you I would be going to court to revoke visitation....unless supervised. He was dealing drugs with your kid in the car? I must be missing something here because I can not understand why it seems like you are pushing for them to see each other (ie calling every month and calling everyday when he is supposed to have him for a week)............

TwistedxBeauty
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Why does he still have 'normal' visitation in the first place if he left bruises on the child and was dealing around him??

kbloomhall
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM

You need to go back to court and get his rights taken away. If he is that type of person he doesn't need to be around your son. If you have records of the calls, take them to court with you, have your son write why he doesn't want to see him, ect. One thing that the judge will look at is that he has not seen your son in 3 years. Just ignore him and get ahold of dss or a lawyer right away.

lette_with_2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM

this. ignor him, dont call him or anything. block him from your facebook. thats what i did with my dd sperm doner, i said forget the court order im not puttin my child in danger for any reason, if he really wants to see his son he will be taking you to court!

Quoting kbloomhall:

You need to go back to court and get his rights taken away. If he is that type of person he doesn't need to be around your son. If you have records of the calls, take them to court with you, have your son write why he doesn't want to see him, ect. One thing that the judge will look at is that he has not seen your son in 3 years. Just ignore him and get ahold of dss or a lawyer right away.

bamababe1975
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM

this!

Quoting lette_with_2:

this. ignor him, dont call him or anything. block him from your facebook. thats what i did with my dd sperm doner, i said forget the court order im not puttin my child in danger for any reason, if he really wants to see his son he will be taking you to court!

Quoting kbloomhall:

kremmels
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM
I call bc that's what I'm suppose to do so I call just to say I did. We agreed on no visitation and no child support but the judge said he had to have the minimum visitation. He didn't get supervised bc when he left the bruises and all nothing happened. There is more issues that the captain has but he has to be able to be in court. The counselor asked him if he wanted to see him and he said no so she looked at me and said why and I said he can tell you why I'm not going to put anything in his mouth and he answered why. I'm going to see what a lawyer can do monday... It just scares me bc I know him and his family and most of the police officers where he lives are scared of him and his family. So I don't know what else to do besides call a lawyer that I can't afford and ask what I can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kremmels
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:00 PM
My bf said to write him back saying yeah you deserve to talk to him IF he wants to talk to you.... Good idea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)