Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i could just cry

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

frustratedi have a situation and i don't know what to do

you see right now i don't have a job and i all i get are ssi checks for my oldest son and youngest daughter , and i also get a child support check . every time these checks come, i spend it in my kids of course, then i pay bills a well. i hate doing this but i don't have a job so you can imagine how  bad i feel. the reason i could just cry is because everytime i'm done paying things, i end up in the hole on my bank account....no matter how much i try to budget, it never works and i've tried everthing possible

i'm frustrated and angry at myself

what should i do?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chanel5nyc
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM
No offense, but try to get a job, even if its part time. Its hard to budget SSI checks and CS. Its not much to budget on if you pay bills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nyraerikson
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Just hang in there, mama, and keep trying to find a job. That's about all you can do. I know it's tough, but I've been there and things do get easier. hugs

animebuddy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Try and find some other way to make money while looking for a job.  Maybe babysitting or looking online for extra cash.  Good lug and hugs.

LancesMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:00 PM

BUMP!

mytrueloveS
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I agree, it's hard, but just keep looking for a job. 

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:32 PM

BUMP!

jeepingirrl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I agree with the other posters. Have you applied for any PA? That might help you out as well....

sugarmomof3
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I also get SSI for 2 of my 3 children and CS for all 3. I might not make $20k+/yr, but we get by. I ALWAYS pay my bills first, then set aside what I know I'll need for gas/food, and THEN if there's anything left I will do something with the kids. I know it's hard to tell them they can't go somewhere or have something, but there are more important things than if they got to see the newest movie or buy that new toy that "everyone" has. You could also see if there is anyway you can cut down on your monthly bills-combine trips(appts, store, returning a movie, etc), phone pkg, TV(some have a thing where u can combine satellite, phone, & internet for alot less than if you pd them sep). Where I live, I get gas reimbursement cks for any appts my kids have pertaining to their "illness", since they receive SSI. You could look into that too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)