Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you think?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 3:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a lot of guy friends, we're not romantic and we don't do anything intimate, but they do come over and hang out sometimes, and I was wondering if that would affect my son still?
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
manda.lias.mom
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 3:41 PM

The way I see it is, if they are positive MEN that he can learn from, great!  I have 1 male friend, that is allowed around my daughter.  He is nice to her and brings her things and pays attention to her.  He treats her and I the way that man should treat a lady.  She has to learn what to expect from a man,  since her father isn't capable teaching her that.  My dad and brother in law do a great job helping with her but there is just something about the way she is  treated by someone that is not  obligated to be a role model.  After all it does take a village to raise a child.

ame4c
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2007 at 4:02 PM
I also have a number of "Male Friends", but not "Boy Friends".  Some of us just get along better with men.... (No offense ladies).  I don't think it is a problem and I hate it when people assume just because I'm friends with a guy that we are "dating" or having sex.

ShireeCS
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 4:04 PM
I have a couple of close male friends and my daughter knows them all as uncle.  The are a great group of guys and wonderful role models.  Now my sisters husband is a horrible man and my daughter never sees him .

Madge1428
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 5:09 PM
If they are a positive presence in the kids lives then there shouldn't be a problem.

Madge

suesar
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM
There all really great with him and are all very respectful to both of us!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)