Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Too soon?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 2:36 PM
  • 3 Replies
How soon is too soon to date? And should I date if I'm not really over my ex cheating on me and all that? My ex left me around the time that my daughter was born, and we tried to work it out off an on up until a few months ago.  I know he wouldnt ever be good to me, but I still have a lot of love for him.  Anyways, up to date.......Ok, this is going to sound really stupid. I met a guy on myspace, and he is so sweet and cute and we talked on the phone last night for over an hour. It was like we knew eachother.It wasnt awkward like it usually is when you first talk to someone. He lives about 4 hours away and has offered to drive down one weekend, stay at a hotel, and spend time with me. He seems like a great guy (who knows he may be perfect) but I am a scared. You hear stories of things happening to people who met people who seemed perfectly nice and it turned into something bad. But I'm afraid that if I dont, maybe I could miss out on someone who could be perfect for me. Any advice??
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LoCam
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 2:42 PM
I just say take it slow and be careful. If you want him to visit, make sure he does stay at a hotel and meet him out in public, like a restaurant and let a family member or friend know all the details like where you're going, his name, when you left and let them know you got home ok. Also, if you happen to see his license plate, take it down, text it to someone or call them with it real quick in case something happens. I don't trust alot of people so I'm a little nuts about stuff like that. But you can't live your life in a cave, never getting out and meeting people. I met by current boyfriend when I was 4 months pregnant with my son, I didn't know if I was ready yet but I took a chance and we were friends for awhile before it got serious and now my son is 7 months and we're expecting one of our own in April/May '08! I met him on Myspace, too. But we knew some mutual people and he was in my area so I wasn't too worried. Good luck.
codysmom109
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 3:21 PM
you never know unless you try.  just be careful.  i can't imagine dating now & taking time away from my son, but at the same time, i am very lonely & would love to have someone to spend time with.  i say go for it, but keep in mind all the bad stuff that happens to vulnerable people.  good luck!
jlani16
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 4:25 PM
go for it just be careful!! hope all goes well!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN