Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

August 24

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM
  • 8 Replies

The driver that hit me gets arraigned today. I talked to one of the DAs and found out what hes being charged with, and so far its careless driving (which i found out is a lower charge than Reckless driving), driving with no license, leaving the scene of an accident and not reporting an accident. NOTHING to do with driving under the influence or even an open container. I feel like I'mgetting screwed all the way around on this, he might have to pay restitution but my insurance lady and the DA don't seem very optimistic. I am borrowing my moms car to get to and from work, or my brother or sister take me. I miss my freedom. I know I am very lucky that I wasn't hurt. I am so extremely stressed out, everyday it seems like i deal with something new, and am just exhausted with that along with everything else I am dealing with. I end up putting my kids to bed and then crying myself to sleep. No one knows about this and I put on my happy face in front of everyone, but my happy face is starting to wear thin, and i dont know how long i can keep up my front. I just want this whole car thing to be over with. Thanks for letting me vent!

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
miyucamui
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:19 AM

thats bullshit. he should get charged for the open container!

jeepingirrl
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM

What a crock! Why is he not being chraged with a DUI or at least open container? Did the DA have anything to say about that? These little slaps on the wrist are what get people killed. Charge these people with the max and then they might think twice about doing it again. Bullshit.

I hope things start looking up for you soon!

bonnierae333
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM

The DA I talked to said that even though I have pictures of it, that it will be really hard to prove. Thanks!

.kk.
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM

OMG how scary and stressful. I'm glad you're okay, but of course this is wearing you out! I hope he gets nailed to the wall :(

Singlemomks
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I would be after the DA and pushing the issue. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, ya know? I understand how overwhelming you must feel, but I would be fighting mad!

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM

As hard as it is, I am on the DA's side. There is no concrete proof to support the charges and that is unfortunate. The DA is not going to waste tax payer money to try a case that is not going to go through. It isn't right, but it's the law. The DA has laws to follow too. It is wrong that this person MAY get away with drunk driving and having open intoxicants. When there isn't enough concrete proof the DA will go with charges that they know will be chargable and that will get the most jail time and/or fines. I am a person who does not tolerate drunk driving but I even know some of the way the DA works. Life is not always fair but karma is a real bitch and this man or woman, will get whats coming to him.

Quoting Singlemomks:

I would be after the DA and pushing the issue. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, ya know? I understand how overwhelming you must feel, but I would be fighting mad!

Join Us                                                                                        Group Mod 

Kissybratzmom
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

What a crock of $hit. Can you sue the driver yourself? I hope you're able to get a new car soon! ((hugs))

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 10:59 AM

This you can do!! Get a personal injury attorney and sue the crap out of him. Did he have insurance? Own a home or business? You could get lots of money.

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

What a crock of $hit. Can you sue the driver yourself? I hope you're able to get a new car soon! ((hugs))

Join Us                                                                                        Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)