Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel I should be a better mom by....

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 12:47 AM
  • 5 Replies
We know we are great moms. But sometimes I know I start to feel bad thinking I should have spent the extra 5 minutes playing with my son in the tub instead of enforcing that it was time to quiet down for the night or that I stayed in cleaning when I should have said heck with it and taken us out to the park or something. How do you feel you could be a better mom? 
by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tinkerbellava
by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Sometimes I feel guilty because my daughter likes to wake up around 6:45 a.m. and I'll ignore her for a few minutes so that she will quiet down and go back to sleep until 8:30!!!!   I'm just not a morning person!!

~Adrienne & Ava

gypsy_rose
by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 2:10 AM
I could be super mom! Beable to do everything perfit. but where as that is not a reality i think the maine thing i could do better....hm.... I would have to say get up when he get's up i HATE waking up in the morning so i tend to ignore him HOPING he will fall back alseep for another hour or 2 usaly he does.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
BMaxandMe
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 7:52 PM
I know what you mean.....it seems like I should have a handle on this "single-mom-hood" by now, but I still seem to have a hard time figuring it all out.  I too feel like I should be kicking the soccer ball instead of doing the laundry or dishes.  I work full time and go to school part time, so when we get home late and its a grilled cheese night, I just feel guilty all over again.

Does it get easier?
miinma77
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM
I'm new to this single mom thing.  I'm in a deep depression so I could sit here for days and list all the things I could be better at.  I hope I can get better at this.
BMaxandMe
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 8:24 PM

I have been a single mom now for 20 month 2 weeks and 4 days......I think I am still denial some days, but I have the same feelings of I could do better.   I have to work, and I am trying to better myself for my son and I, but I feel guilty that I cannot always be there for every class trip, or bake cookies, or spend a day off from school with him.   I feel like whatever I do, its never enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)