Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no funnies tonight at work

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM
  • 3 Replies

well i wish i had some funny stories to tell you tonight but instead I have the a sad one. Tonight we lost a resident... she had been living in the nursing home for quite sometime. sweet lady. I helped changed her and I believe during my breaktime is when she passed.

Everyone says there is high points and low points about my job field and I truly see it now. No i never thought people lived forver but i didnt think we would lose one soo soon. it sucks, it hurts and i know its going to get worse for me to cope with as i bond more with my residents. I am already pretty close to a few. I wish sometimes I could turn this big heart off that i have but then my compassion for my job would go as well.

But yep nothing exciting sorry ladies

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jklmama027
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I used to work i a retirement village and while i was there we lost a resident I was very close to. he was a famous actor and we talked every evening i was working and we were gonna be in a movie together... maybe a remake of the Godfather... lol and a few other people passed sense that I was close to as well... its tough, and even in the job I have now is tough as well but people like you and I are forced to bite out teeth and just hit the grinde the best we can...

Kissybratzmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:57 AM

That's always the hardest part of the job, and it never gets easier. At least it didn't for me. I got far to attached to some of them, and am an emotional person as it is. Luckily (out of all of my years) I only found one of my patients (in the hospital) after she had passed. She was such a sweet old lady, but the cancer won The saddest part, we had no one to call to notify :o(

hugs

nessa828
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:04 AM
I feel ya my dear. I work as a CNA at a nursing home and I've been doing it for 3 years. The hardest part is that right now I'm pregnant and everyone we've lost recently makes me SO sad because they wanted to meet my baby. I got my daughter's middle name from one of my favorite residents.

It takes a big heart to do our jobs :]
Keep your chin up and never change!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)