Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

y r clothes so high

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

i cant find any jeans that fit my daughter right except one pair that a friend gave to me. i cant afford them she went to baby gap.  i went online to look for a new pair and that is like 40.00 for the one she has. I dont get child support yet from my kids father and just started working my bills are due. How can i afford clothes that will fit her the right way. (before i get bashed i do mainly by walmart clothes for both my kids and go to yard sales and thirft shops

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cara124
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:40 AM

you just make do with what you can (((hugs))) we all have been there and some of us are still there just keep doing what your doing by shopping around and some times you get luck and sometimes you make do with what you find.....

jeepingirrl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I usually shop at Gap and Old Navy for my kids. I wait until they have sales. I never pay full price for anything there. I find their clothes although more expensive tend to last longer so it kind of equals out for me rather than having to buy cheaper clothes more often.

You can look on craigslist for used clothes. There is also a new website called thredup that is a swaping site for clothes. I have been hearing good things about it. Your best bet is to look for the items used.

lissa27504
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:07 AM

you can also try ebay or penny auctions.  Maybe you can find those jeans on there?!

LancesMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:50 PM

There is also Craigs list. And Listia. Do you have a sewing maching? Get creative with buying second hand clothes and updating them.

nerdymom28
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I usually only buy things for my daughter that are on clearance.  Oldnavy.com has some good stuff, a good pair of jeans is maybe like $11 or $12.  Kmart.com has some good stuff too, I got my daughter's entire summer wardrobe on that website for like $50 total. 

CMAmomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Once upon a child has a TON of brand name clothing for kids!!! check it out :) its all second hand so prices are usually under 20 max

gypsysmiles
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Do you have a JCPenney near you? They've got an awesome sale going on. I got 2 pairs of Arizona jeans for my son for $15. I would have paid the same at WalMart. Most of WalMart's jeans are around $10... Children's Place, and Old Navy have them for $11. I find they are better quality, for a dollar or two more for a pair.

KohensMummy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:38 PM

i buy all gap, old navy, too. but i always get for the season ahead, so CHEEAP.

BellaBear
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:42 PM

sales and clearance. ROSS, TJMAX, always had good jeans

lextjmom0709
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I have a kmart where i live i love that store but gap has the best jeans for her but i will try kmart for her jeans never tried there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)