Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is crazy (venting)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

My Ex is ridiculous, he told me he doesn't love me, but doesn't know if he wants a divorce. Then continues to tell me that he wants to be at the hospital for the birth of our second son. He wants to play happy families and make believe he loves me. Not going to happen, My friend from high school is coming with me, as I want a godmother who will love them, not a father who can't be bothered. I can certainly pick an idiot. I have decided I am not calling him to keep him up to date about MY kids, and I am definitely not answering his calls. the more I can cut him out of my life the better. If he doesn't pay CS then I don't have to let him near MY kids. I have decided I won't feel guilty about moving on, my ex husband is so out of my life. I am sending him the divorce papers and he can do what he likes as long as he stay away from the kids and I. If he begs me to have him back he can go and jump. I am sick of hearing his lies, and never going to put up with his stupid conditions he puts on things he said months ago. What idiot tells his wife he loves her and runs off and moves somewhere else. He was only a part of my sons life because I insisted on it. Well I am not insisting anything, he can go and get his precious job and go out with his precious friends, and if he doesn't call i am not messaging or calling him f*ck him. He doesn't deserve my boys and I, I will do better for them. I don't need CS, I make do with the money I have. I will look after MY kids my way and he will lose out. I deserve better as do my boys.

Sorry just had to vent.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AMsMommy212
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sounds very frustrating-- Im sorry ((hugs))

I understand you're angry with him, but try to seperate YOUR relationship from the relationship with the kids. I let ex know when his son was being born, though I didnt allow him in the room for the birth.

LancesMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM

hugs

lissa27504
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Of course I don't know the full story but I understand your frustrations as well. (my ex said "I am not getting divorce." I said "Why?"  he said "I don't want to lose my house, I don't want to lose my kids and I don't want my family to be mad at me."  REALLY?  those are *great* reasons to stay married!!  NOT)    Anyway, in most states you can't withhold visitation just because he isn't paying child support.  Generally they are two separate issues.

Like AMsMommy212 said, try to separate your feelings for him from his relationship with his kids.    If he is going to be a good father to the kids that's what matters most.

kevinfsmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Quoting lissa27504:

Of course I don't know the full story but I understand your frustrations as well. (my ex said "I am not getting divorce." I said "Why?"  he said "I don't want to lose my house, I don't want to lose my kids and I don't want my family to be mad at me."  REALLY?  those are *great* reasons to stay married!!  NOT)    Anyway, in most states you can't withhold visitation just because he isn't paying child support.  Generally they are two separate issues.

Like AMsMommy212 said, try to separate your feelings for him from his relationship with his kids.    If he is going to be a good father to the kids that's what matters most.

Agree, I know it is hard to do but it is best for the kids!

calgalmeg
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Agreed- if he is interested I would let him know but if he's not contacting you about the kids then I would ignore him.

I would be careful about refusing visitation- depending on your state if there is a court order for visits and you refuse YOU could get into trouble.  Check with a lawyer about your rights and his.

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Sounds very frustrating-- Im sorry ((hugs))

I understand you're angry with him, but try to seperate YOUR relationship from the relationship with the kids. I let ex know when his son was being born, though I didnt allow him in the room for the birth.

The PUBLIC Single Moms Group  Group Mod

The PUBLIC forum for Single Moms to get together for support.

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I won't refuse out right, I will not insist on him having visitation anymore. As he really wasn't interested to begin with I think he will not contact me if i don't call him. he has never called me to have anything to do my son, not even rung him. So I really don't think he is a good father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)