Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if u wear spanx

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 12 Replies
Do they work? I have found that when I wear any "support", it just squeezes my fat out the top or bottom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame4c
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM

IDK, there was a law passed saying that people like me couldn't wear spandx...LOL

MILFInProgress
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I don't wear spandex but always always wear nylons....idk why women ever stopped wearing them.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Because the crotch always slides down! Ugh I hate nylons! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyGal
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I had a open bust one it was nice but HOT. I'll take my rolls over being sweaty as hell.

They got alot of different styles and you can over lap them.

nerdymom28
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I wear Assets Shapewear, they're designed by the same woman but they are cheaper and just as good.  I got mine at Target for $19.99.  It's a slimming camisole, I wear it under quite a few of my shirts.  It slims and tightens your belly, without being restricting or uncomfortable.  I have a "muffin top" with some of my jeans, but the cami totally takes care of that and now those pants fit great!  I think I do want to try some of their high wasted shorts though, because the cami does tend to bunch up a little.  But I would definitely recommend them!

aj23
by Amanda on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I probably shouldn't admit it but I do. If parts are spilling out you either have the wrong size or the wrong piece. I can't wear certainones no matter what the size so it's really trial and error to find the right one.  Haynes has a smooth illusions line that is much cheaper than Spanx and they work very well. The Spanx brand seems to last longer though.

jessarendt22
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I wear spanx and I really like them , But I also finf because Im shorter the spanx are taller on me which I dont mind so i just tuck it under my bra and no fat top lol I find it hold me in very well smoothes out my problem areas , I also like the flexees underwear really great for smoothing you out when you dont want to wear full on shape wear also if you dont want to pay the price of spanx, I find the walmart brand cupid works prettys well and is only like 15 bucks I think

MILFInProgress
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Quoting nerdymom28:

I wear Assets Shapewear, they're designed by the same woman but they are cheaper and just as good.  I got mine at Target for $19.99.  It's a slimming camisole, I wear it under quite a few of my shirts.  It slims and tightens your belly, without being restricting or uncomfortable.  I have a "muffin top" with some of my jeans, but the cami totally takes care of that and now those pants fit great!  I think I do want to try some of their high wasted shorts though, because the cami does tend to bunch up a little.  But I would definitely recommend them!

Oooh I need to get one of these! For me because of teh way my body is and the way pants fit I have a muffin top no matter what. I have very narrow hips. So this sounds like a winner for me! Lol

Kissybratzmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Never tried them. I know a girl who wore them all the time, but I really don't think they helped her much to be honest. 

gypsysmiles
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I LOVE them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)