Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • 2 Replies

I had a long talk with my bestfriend who lives in Texas. We were suppose to be living in Cali right now going to school and engaged to hot rich men right now but I decided to stay and following what I thought was love.

My problem is Ive pretty much decided to move to Houston in late May. I havent told my sons father or my family. Weve had this conversation a number of times before. And everytime they manage to get me to change my mind. Im always compromising, always! Ive rearranged my life, dreams and schedule to make them happy. My son father and I have been broken up for more than a year now and I swear it feels like Im still in a relatonship. I want more, I hate it hear, theres nothing here for me. They dont seem to understand that, its always well we wont get to see the baby as much, he needs his family, How do you think Oliver is going to feel if you take his son away. Ugh! I just dont how to tell them and I dont want to deal will the agruments and lectures. This move is supposed to happy and exciting, I know they are just going to bring things down and make it horrible for me.

*DIVA*

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ms.sophsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM

tell them exactly what you just told us... i think you are very right. i feel like moving too, right now is just not my time.. may never be my time. i just dunno right now

MSully3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Don't let them make you compromise momma, you're doing what you think is best for you and your child.
My stbx-family all question my moving out of my MIL house with my 3 kids. I literally up and moved out within one week. I felt it was what best for my kids and I. I don't have to answer to anyone else. They think I'm wrong for moving a whole 3 miles down the road, changing my daughters to a new district, etc. Yeah I'm tight on money, but if asshole would pay his CS things would be better. My kids never go without. We needed to be on our own, end of story.
Do what YOU think is best. Stand up for yourself if nobody else will. I did and its the best decision so far!
Good luck momma, stay strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)