Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ignorant People

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
Just heard the most ignorant thing ever. I'm in health class and we are talking about food pyramid, diet, fiber, etc. We started talking about its better cook than to order food. And the professor said people should cook for the whole week. Then some black female said "black kids don't like leftovers." Damn some people are just ignorant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DavBryMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Wow... well my "white kids" sure do :) it saves so much money to make larger portion and freeze or refrigerate half for lunches or dinner another night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Dang, some foods are even better the next day. I hate wasting food. Cooking is also cheaper then ordering food. Plus i enjoy cooking. But yes that is ignorant, some people who don't have anything to eat would LOVE to have her leftovers.

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

What? This world is made up of a lot of ignorant people. As a matter of fact, this site has quite a few of them. (NOT this group, but in general).I could write a book about the ignorant things people say in my classes, especially by the younger kids in the classes. Some of them have no clue. I am not saying all younger adults are like that but the ones I deal with are. 

animebuddy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Black kids don't like leftovers? I've never heard that before and I'm black.  She should have just said SHE didn't like leftovers.  Don't generalize stuff.  That's very ignorant.  How did the teacher react to that statement?

Chanel5nyc
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM
The professor is black also, so she gave a funny look and changed the subject quickly. LOL!!!.

Quoting animebuddy:

Black kids don't like leftovers? I've never heard that before and I'm black.  She should have just said SHE didn't like leftovers.  Don't generalize stuff.  That's very ignorant.  How did the teacher react to that statement?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babysyoungmom1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Sounds so idiotic

jeepingirrl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Wow.....it does make her sound pretty ignorant.

animebuddy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Lol.  I would have done the same as your teacher.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

The professor is black also, so she gave a funny look and changed the subject quickly. LOL!!!.

Quoting animebuddy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)