Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got an answer.....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

well, I went to the woman doctor today.  And I got some answers.....

after reviewing all of my past bloodwork and what not- they have determined that I have PCOS. 

they are doing one last round of bloodwork to be certain but they have written me a perscription for Medroxyprogesterone.  Because I can't take birth control pills. 

the doctor said i should start feeling better in the next month or two.  so we will see.

i have very mixed feelings about this and still doing a lot of research.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM

hugs

animebuddy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Hopefully the meds will help a bit.  Good luck on your research!

nappeal
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM

do your research.  pcos can be very mild for some women, and a real daily pain in the ass for others, and i know that pcos is usually more dissruptive when a woman is trying to get preg or manage her weight.  im glad you finally got an answer.

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I was devastated when I got told I have it about 4 years ago. I lost a lot of weight to get pregnant with my sons. it took me 4 years after I got married to get pregnant. Keep your chin up, and keep doing any research you need. you can make it less effective in your life in different ways.

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Pcos doesn't mean you can't have any more kids, it just makes it harder, I had a currette and was able to have my oldest son, and am pregnant with my second child now.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM

and that is my biggest struggle right now, losing the weight and keeping my mirgranes under control.  and managing the pain associated with my periods.

Quoting nappeal:

do your research.  pcos can be very mild for some women, and a real daily pain in the ass for others, and i know that pcos is usually more dissruptive when a woman is trying to get preg or manage her weight.  im glad you finally got an answer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

aj23
by Amanda on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I have the same problem, I found out 3 months ago. Its really not as bad as it seems. I know for me it was great to just finally know what the heck is wrong and have it be something that can be controlled.
I have to take Medroxyprogesterone and Metformin.  My dr was real big on a diet change and a low carb diet has worked wonders for me. I have some other health issues so I'm on a really strict diet but just cutting back on your carbs will help.
I also don't know why but for the week I take the Medroxyprogesterone I am very in the mood, gotta love those side effects :)

If you have any questions or need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

aj23
by Amanda on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

You should ask your Dr about taking Metformin. I had a extremely hard time losing weight but I have lost 40lbs in the past 3 months. Part of that was my diet change but part of it was getting my insulin under control.

Quoting happymommy1105:

and that is my biggest struggle right now, losing the weight and keeping my mirgranes under control.  and managing the pain associated with my periods.

Quoting nappeal:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)