Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure I can do this.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

Not sure if I can do this. Be alone raising two girls. Its only been a month almost && Im going crazy. Im yelling at my 4 year old more. Im falling behind on things Im usually so OCD about. I know I need to give myself some time but I just dont know if I can do this, period. I miss my husband. I miss the order. I miss the predicitibility. Im lonely. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortiemomy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:48 PM

you can do this,,, i know where your comming from on this one and it does take time but you will find that you will get in to rutine and will be just fine!! if ya need to vent just look me up i will be happy to read anything you send me and may be able to tell ya what i do for what ever the situation may be who knows!hugs

lovebeingmrs
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM
i am sorry to hear everything. I know that u are having a hard time. But you can do this. Just relax and hang in there. Is there a 4 year school that you can inlist your son in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyToBe427
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Thank you guys. My 4 year old is in school but from 2:30 to 8:00 pm [bedtime], it seems like it lasts FOREVER with two kids. And I dont have a lot of support. I just feel like Im going crazy.

nappeal
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM

i know what youre going thru; i had to literally force myself to do and feel everything i felt i shouldve been doing and feeling.  i FORCED myself to be patient w my kids; forced myself to make time for them; forced myself to be the best mom i could even tho i felt like garbage inside.  i forced myself to get over my then husband even tho i missed him terribly.  i think too often we have to make ourselves be and do better, otherwise we let ourselves fall into a sad rut, or even depression.  it will get better in time...i promise

LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

hugs

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM

You CAN do this. You are a MOM and we do whatever is needed to raise our children. It isn't always easy but we do it. Give yourself some time, it will get easier. Make sure you make time for yourself, that is important too.

rottiemama
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM

do you have any adult outlet? I go out with friends when my ex has my son. I joined a divorce support group. I did all that to save my sanity and to keep being a good parent to my son.

You can do this. You have to tell yourself that you can do it. Don't send negative thoughts to yourself. Keep moving. One foot in the front of the other. You can do it.

jeepingirrl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:30 AM

You can do it. It all seems so over-whelming at first. Just take it one day at a time. If you find yourself yelling more often take the kids outside and let them burn off some of the energy...things are always better when you are outside : ) Try to find a sitter at least twice a month and either go out with friends or go do something you like to do. It will get easier......

.kk.
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM

If I can do it, you can do.

Go to bed as soon as the kids fall asleep. Don't worry too much about the house, as long as it's sanitary, don't lose sleep in order to clean it.

clhelms
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I completly understand.  Its been 2 years since my ex and I seperated and 3 almost 4 months since we divorced.  Its hard.  I miss the domestic part of it, having that partner to help but you know what its nice to know that I don't have to have someone else to get it all done.  I take pride now in my independance.  You will find a routine that works.  My house work is always behind, no matter how hard I try to keep up on it but I work full-time, have dd's activities and my own volunteer work to keep up with as well so I don't beat myself up about it if the living room is a little cluttered or the dishes didn't get done that night or whatever and neither should you.  This is a hard adjustment but a routine comes with time.  You'll be doing it all on your own with out a problem in no time.  Just hang in there, it does get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)