Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ughh, not good. **update in replies**

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

My Comp II teacher posted some grades today. I don't have a chance at passing, and we're only a month in. I worked on that dumb prospectus for days and only got 7 points (out of 15) for it. When I added up all of the points that are already possible, it was a little over 200. Since I took a zero on that test (which I still think is crap. I didn't sign up for a history and politics class) I only have a little over 60 points so far. Can we say totally failing?!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madleine
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

can you drop it?

rottiemama
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Can you get a tutor or ask the teacher for some additional help? I feel your pain though. The worst class I ever took in college was computers.

fairymom2316
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Aww that sucks! I would ask to see if they have tutoring help.

Kissybratzmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I don't think tutoring would help much at this point. I don't have problems reading the assignments and posting what needs to be posted, it's her grading. She knocked me on my prospectus for not having 3 sources. I went back and looked and it didn't say we had to have 3, so I don't feel that's fair.

When I take an English class how does the test go from being about a story we read but then turns into a timed 3 page essay about history and politics? I sucked in those classes.

jeepingirrl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I would look into dropping it if you can. You might owe some of the financial aid money back but if you fail it it could jepordize your aid and loans.......

animebuddy
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I would definitely try to withdraw that class then.

Kissybratzmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I was brave and e-mailed my classmates to see if anyone else was struggling. I am not alone. Quite a few of them have responded and are having the same problems as me. They also don't think the teacher is that great. She takes up to 2 days to respond to a question and talks to us as if we're dumb when we ask questions. That's been the popular answer.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Make an appointment to speak with the teacher as a group. If that doesn't work, go to the department head and request a meeting. You have rights as a student.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Do NOT drop the class without talking to the financial aid office. I dropped a class and my financial aid was dropped for the next semester. I had to pay for and earn 6 credits on my own before I could get my aid reinstated. I even had a medical reason and it did not matter.

Kissybratzmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I don't plan on dropping, but there is no way I will pass at this point. Either way, I am screwed.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Do NOT drop the class without talking to the financial aid office. I dropped a class and my financial aid was dropped for the next semester. I had to pay for and earn 6 credits on my own before I could get my aid reinstated. I even had a medical reason and it did not matter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)