Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my issue...i need advice please

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
ok my baby will be one yea old on november 2nd .... he started walking at 9 months i could not wait for him to start walkin and talkin and now he does and i dont know what to do......he hits me in my face yells no bites me throws things at me beats up all of his little girl cousins (ages 3 and under ) tells me stop when im changing him and throws some crazy temper tantrums...i dont know what to do...help please
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suesar
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:07 PM
Sounds like he's starting the terrible twos early! I would try to direct him to something more constructive and calmly explain to him what he's doing wrong and get a time-out chair, I wouldn't spank it this situation, just because he might get confused. my son use to tell me no when I was changing him and I just explain that I had to and now he lies down when he needs changed...I think it's a stage!
Shanta21
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Maybe u should give him time out when he do that say don't hit mama be a good boy,do he have a chair? he could sit in there for lik 5minus i really don't wnt to say to much cuz he is still young  and when he get upset stop him right there show him u r not playin cuz u don't want him doin that in public wit him hittin other kids all childern go though tha stage were they wnt to be the boss jus came down dnt to stress out,jus talk to ur lil man,hope it work,show him u the boss not child
iluvzion
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:14 PM
yea i know i had started to pop him on the hand but the i realized that thats just adding to the problem cuz hes copying me so the only time i pop him now is when hes doing something dangerous but i dont know there are so many different sources of advice and hitting doesnt even really work with him because i dont do it hard so he laughs and walks away
iluvzion
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:16 PM
oh yea i forgot to write he has a chair but that leads to more problems cuz he stands up backwards on the time out chair.....should i be letting him watch tv in timeout?
mom4364
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM
sounds like a super nanny time out chair for him. set him in a chair in a corner everytime he acts out. since he is gonna be 1, supernanny says 1 minute. 1 min. for each yr of age. seems to work on supernanny, lol
Shanta21
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:22 PM
I dnt think u should let him watch tv because even though he is still young he's knows u lettin him getway wit thingz so if u do put him on timeout turn the tv off and sit the chair in the livin room and tell him to be a good boy and sit down show him u r playin
suesar
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:22 PM
My son did that to when I'd punish him, they don't understand very much yet, but do make it clear to him that what he's doing is wrong! Don't ever give in to him and always be CONSISTENT! And I wouldn't let him watch T.V in timeout becasue then he might not think he's in trouble. Put him in a quiet room and stay with him and make him sit in the chair properly and evetually you won't have to make him, he'll do it on his own and get the idea that if he listens and doesn't do what he did he won't have to sit in the "bad" chair very long.
iluvzion
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:44 PM
ok...thank u guys .... some really helpful advice.....he also blows spit bubbles any advice on what i should do about that
suesar
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Trying saying.....eww! Gross! When he does it, so maybe he won't want to do it anymore.
mom4364
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Quoting iluvzion:

oh yea i forgot to write he has a chair but that leads to more problems cuz he stands up backwards on the time out chair.....should i be letting him watch tv in timeout?

no, no t.v. in time out. if he stands on chair, tell him he will sit there longer. don't reward him with t.v. for being naughty
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)