Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hi all I'm new

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:33 PM
  • 0 Replies
My name is Ali and I have been a single Mum since my marriage ended in February 2002 - my daughter will be 12 on Sunday and my son will be 10 in December.  I devoted my time to my children for the first 5 years and in February decided I needed to meet some new friends and turned to the internet.  I have made some amazing friends and also it's how I met my wonderful boyfriend.  Things have gotten serious between us and we are going to get married next year, this will mean a move to California.  My daughter is excited but my son is not impressed.  They both love my boyfriend and vice versa and want him to be their Dad.  Both children chat to him on the phone and via instant message for ages and realize he's now a part of our lives.  My question to other single Mums who've perhaps experienced what I'm going through ... how do you deal with a child who is upset about moving and saying I'm putting my boyfriend before him (my son).  My son is the most loving, funny, witty child, but he can also be very stubborn.  He's going to make life difficult until this is resolved.  Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome.  Thanks for listening.  Take care.
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)