Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Question?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 9:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
My ex / father of my son called me today to talk and suggested we go to counseling! We have maintain a friendship and called each other and hung out. Now we have been having a lot of problems with our relationship....him being the main issue! He has been trying to work things out with me ...but we have been here before. I really am confused about how i should approach the situation, until this point i have stood strong and told him that i just want to be friends (even though i really want us to be together). He said that he wants us to get counseled on our relationship as well as us counseling on parenting from the church we both use to attend together. He even said he wants to get my pastor involved! what do you think i should do.....
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShireeCS
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 9:46 PM
Personally I think if its something that would help even if its a way to build a stronger friendship it is worth a shot. 
Chasidie
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 9:50 PM
I would go for it. I think that if it's possible for parents to work it out then thats the best ting for the child. If both of you are really willing to try then do it and give it your all. I wouldn't jump into it I think it would be better to take thing slow and see how things go. If you feel comfortable with the pastor that would be good also. Me personally i wouldn't but i don't do to church so thats just me.
messmaker
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 10:02 PM
well, not really knowing the whole situation, I'd say if he wants to do counseling, and wants to get your pastor involved, then maybe he actually wants to do something right.  Maybe it's worth the shot.
latonjae
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 12:17 AM
Hey, I have to agree with the 3 ladies before me but you said you all been through it before so if you are not certain that this isn't  just a part of a marry-go-round go through the process with both eyes opened, pay attention to what is around you but not with your heart but with your wisdom of your past. See , you want to be with him, but you want him to be right. so you may see just what you want to see. Go through it his way and if he behaves then slowly let your heart get involved, because I am sure you don't want to be hurt again. Good Luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)