Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sad when they have to go to "papa's"...

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
Does it ever get any easier to see them go when it's "exchange" day?  My boys are 4 and 7 and my 7 year old is old enough to remember how horrible life was when we were married.  He does pretty well.  But my youngest still cries and reaches for me when I have to drop them at their dads.  It breaks my heart every Saturday.  I know that he is fine by the time they get back to his house but still.  That final image of my baby just sticks with me.  It's been 2 years.  He's still a baby though, young I mean, and I don't think fully understands.  I miss them so much when they are gone.  We split custody so they are with me the tail of the week and with him at the beginning.  We did it this way so that they wouldn't have to spend much time in childcare since his days off are the beginning of the week and mine are the end.  It's hard though.  I love my boys more than life and wish that they were here fulll-time.  I know they need their dad but he is more focused on other stuff as he always was in our marriage.  I know the boys prefer it here...but you know how it is.  That's all for now.  Thanks for listening!!!  And God Bless!!!
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Shanta21
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Readin ur post almost made cry my eyes was waterin up,i kno u ur son get sad and reach for u when they leavein it be he jus wish u was there,sorry
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 10:56 AM
my kids complain when they have to go , then the see him and are ok,  i miss mine every second they are gone ,it makes them coming home sweeter . try to have me time if your not at work and just know they'll always need their mama
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN