Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need some good advice

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 8:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
I am 24 years old and single.  I have a beautiful healthy baby girl who is 14 months old.  Dad is not in the picture but I'm supporting her very well but money could be better of course.  My birth mom had one baby after another.  I mean like two months after having a baby she would get pregnant again.  So sometimes i feel like I'm following my birth mom even though i don't know her.  I got pregnant on purpose and don't regret it but now i don't have a man but the urge of having another kid is getting strong again.  Does anyone know why these feelings of wanting more kids are there?  I haven't had sex in 16 months and i know i don't want to sleep around but at the same time that urge of wanting more kids might make me do something stupid.  Is anyone else know of this feeling and if so what can i do to stop it
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
taylansmom
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 8:53 AM
I have the same urge too but i think of how tight money is and how much more work it will be and that keeps those thoughts away

mybabybugssmile
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 10:10 AM
I want another kid so bad! I dont even care if the father is around, that was my exhusbands duty and he couldnt even handle that, so I know I can do it on my own.  But I always think of how much money I DONT have and how much work it will be again.  Usually those thoughts win out! Well for right now anyways!

BugsMommy 

Alaina623
by on Oct. 21, 2007 at 10:12 AM
I had the same feeling, I just wanted another baby. Part of it is that unconditional love that they will always give. Where else can you feel that same love? Then the physical pleasure of sex. But still, 2 kids alone is hard. Very hard. My little girl isn't here yet and it is still hard on me. I thought I had it figured out. Date a great guy that loved my son unconditionally as his own that can't have kids..... HAHA! Do NOT believe the numbers on how sterile some one is. Because with your luck as soon as things get shakey, they won't be sterile. You sound like you got a decent perspective on life, maybe try dating again. That might help take the edge off.

Alaina
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN