Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions needed

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hello,  I need a few opinions on a particular subject.

I have my cousins wedding this weekend and I am soo not up to going. We don't talk or see each other all too often and when we do we hardley talk. She's  a party girl...Lottsa friends and that's what her whole life evolves around. My brother and I were always pushed aside by her.  When I had my children she never even came dwn to see them. Holiday invites were always turned dwn by her to due to her having  other plans..  I have lots to do w/my gilrs that day anyway, and my little one is not feeling well either...... Is it wrong to just tell her I can't make it or am I just being selfish if I don't go??????????? Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterfly837
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 11:02 PM
If you're just going to be out of place, ignored and miserable there, why go?  Obviously she doesn't care or she'd make more of an effort to see you and be a part of your family so I wouldn't worry about it.  I would call her and let her know you're not going to be there just out of courtesy but I wouldn't go.
Brenda-n-Kaleb
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 11:20 PM
i have to agree if your not going to feel comfortable and unhappy to be there don't go and if she has a fit just say your kids are sick if you don't want to tell her the real reason
catryem
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 11:27 PM
I say don't go....or if you feel like you 'have' to, go for the free meal!

owner: http://www.cafemom.com/group/suddenlysingle http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/frontpage.jsp?r=catiesmom01
TinaJoy
by on Oct. 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Girl, send her a card, stick $20.00 in it, spend time with your daughters and don't give it a second thought.

mybabybugssmile
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2007 at 7:35 PM
I wouldnt go. But I also wouldnt stick the 20 bucks in her card either.....lol

BugsMommy 

mamamom431
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 7:37 PM
oopps something suddenly came up!

Dixiemelody
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Quoting TinaJoy:

Girl, send her a card, stick $20.00 in it, spend time with your daughters and don't give it a second thought.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read this post!!

Cosmeticsgirl
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Seems like she has never had time for you or the important moments in your life....so why go.....I don't think your being self-fish at all....your busy, your a mom and besides your little one is not feeling well....just call and leave a message for her--maybe when you think she will be out--sorry I won't be there, my daughter's sick.....

I say don't worry about it....I am the same way though...I am always thinking of "how it looks" or the other person, then I drag myself there to the party or function....and I don't have a good time...and I think why did I waste my time going....

Enjoy the weekend and your girls....and don't worry about it!  

LISAMARIE29
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 10:17 PM
I DIDNT GO TO MY COUSINS WEDDING EITHER WE USED TO BE REALLY CLOSE BUT NOT SO MUCH NO MORE ITS KINDA THE SAME THING HER LIFE EVOLVES AROUND HER FRIENDS AND I REALLY WOULD HAVE UNCOMFORTABLE BIENG THERE SO I JUST LET HER KNOW I WAS NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MAKE IT AND WE HAVNT REALLY TALKED SINCE . . .SO IM SURE SHE WILL NOT BE GOING TO MY BABYSHOWER EITHER BUT OH WELL . . . LIFE GOES ON
Sammysmom4507
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 11:24 PM
I wouldn't go. Spend your time as you want to! And no I don't think you are being selfish at all.  :)~
~Cris
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)