Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Hello,  I need a few opinions on a particular subject.

I have my cousins wedding this weekend and I am soo not up to going. We don't talk or see each other all too often and when we do we hardley talk. She's  a party girl...Lottsa friends and that's what her whole life evolves around. My brother and I were always pushed aside by her.  When I had my children she never even came dwn to see them. Holiday invites were always turned dwn by her to due to her having  other plans..  I have lots to do w/my gilrs that day anyway, and my little one is not feeling well either...... Is it wrong to just tell her I can't make it or am I just being selfish if I don't go??????????? Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Replies (11-12):
elvir2babes
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:48 PM
sunnydoodle,
It sounds like this is weighing heavy on your mind.
If you don't go you may regret maybe getting back as friends with your cousin. Maybe she is changed or will change soon, and be more available to you. Maybe you can forgive her and go to the wedding, let your girls have fun dancing.
Or you could do the alternative and not go, maybe miss out on some family members.
If you do go, remember you forgive her, and you have a blast of a time, make it worth your while!!
Now, Now, be nice!

Litlprin01
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:52 PM
One thing that you must learn in order to attain happiness in your life is that it is ok to say "NO" You do not have to feel guilty, you do not need to explain yourself. As long as you understand why you are not going to do something then you are fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)