Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the day Thursday!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:16 AM
  • 28 Replies

What would you do if you saw a mom and her child hitchhiking on the side of the road?

Group MOD  Group MOD
CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:41 AM

I'd consider picking them up if I were alone.  I have before.

ffpm10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Nothing :( ex is a cop, and I would just imagine them beating us, etc. I may gave them a few bucks, but NEVER a ride. Plus, born and raised chicago. so I don't mind public transportation.

Reia631
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:56 AM

haha I still don't drive, but if I was a passenger in a car and we had the room I would suggest we stopped if the situation looked safe, Sad that I even think that way, but with so many sick people about now days id be more inclined to think it was a scam.

jeepingirrl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:09 AM

It depends. If I was without my kids I would probably stop and see if they needed to use my phone or something.....but if I had my kids I would not. You just never know what people are up to now a days...

Chanel5nyc
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:29 AM
I don't know. Because some people use kids for a con.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Call the police. There are too many sickos in this world that use kids as decoys and the person could rob and kill me.

animebuddy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Well being from NY, I would do nothing. I don't trust anyone. Probably just wonder why they were doing that when then they can take the bus or train.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM

This is exactly what I would do.  I can't jeopardize mine and my child's lives. 

Quoting tyfry7496:

Call the police. There are too many sickos in this world that use kids as decoys and the person could rob and kill me.

Chanel5nyc
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM
HaHaHa!!! SoOo true. Being from ny, you see a lot of crazy things. One time I was on the train, I seen a man (dirty looking) with a child (dirty looking also) in a old broken stroller asking for money. Everyone gave him money. Then a couple days later, in a store I seen that same man clean, shaved and well dressed and was shopping. Also was talking to his friend about his job. I was shocked. Most likely that wasn't even his child in the stroller. A lot con artists use kids for their con game.

Quoting animebuddy:

Well being from NY, I would do nothing. I don't trust anyone. Probably just wonder why they were doing that when then they can take the bus or train.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFLgurl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Quoting tyfry7496:

I would do the same. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)