Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

I finally paid my lawyer my retainer this week. I also gave her ALL of my paperwork I had on things. I think it was like 7 pages. We were supposed to have court on Jan. 11th but my lawyer already has something that day. She said in a week (or two) when she gets everything together and ready she will ask for a continuance at a later date. Kind of a relief for me. Gives me more time to prepare myself for court and having to look at the ex.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ProudSingleMum
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:58 AM

what are you going to court for

Kissybratzmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM

The ex wants visitation, among other things.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM
Good luck.

It has to be stressful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Oh believe me, it is! I have never been to court before so I have no clue what to expect.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Good luck.

It has to be stressful.

zmama22
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM

good luck. enjoy the holiday season!

4tolovemom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I know how you must be feeling I have been through this myself not long ago. My advice to you is to be honest with the judge and be as calm as possible. Don't give your ex the satisfaction to see you upset. :) Good luck and try to enjoy the holidays with your little one.

Kissybratzmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Thank you :o) I have no reason to not be honest. I'm not stupid enough to lie in court. Heck, he lied in his court papers that I got served with. But, I have proof, so it's all good :o)

Quoting 4tolovemom:

I know how you must be feeling I have been through this myself not long ago. My advice to you is to be honest with the judge and be as calm as possible. Don't give your ex the satisfaction to see you upset. :) Good luck and try to enjoy the holidays with your little one.

jeepingirrl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM

My ex dragged me to court a few times for overnights. My best advice to you is to be calm.....do not talk bad about your ex. I went once without my lawyer and I blew up in there. Needless to say nothing went my way and I made my lawyer work for his money to get everything straightened out...lol

Hang in there girl!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)