Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i get a preg test? (TMI- )

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

a brief background:

I have PCOS-- its hard (almost impossible) to get pregnant without medical help... it also makes my cycles go MIA. my last "real" period (for more than 2 days) was in Feb. My other periods (they last about 2 hours) was in March, June and just last night. lol yay!

I am taking birth control too! but right now, its the fake pills, so i'm supposed to be on my cycle right now

so about a month ago (literally- last time i was on the fake pills), me and BF had an oopsy. since i was on the fake pills, we used a condom. it broke... side note- i really hate condoms!

so should i get a preg test even though i kinda had my period (it was really light- 2 hours, didnt even fill a pantyliner) or should i just say, eh- fuck it and go on my marry way?

(in the last month, we've only done it about 4 times... my sex drive is really low. tear)

(i'm also freaking out like what if the bleeding i had last night was the implantation bleeding... but then again- this is what i go through EVERY month... i freak out MORE when i do bleed b/c i rarely ever have a cycle... LOL I JUST WANNA BE NORMAL! HA)

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
loverbugsmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM
I dont think it could have been implantation bleeding, that would have occured a while ago, not a month after. If your worried just get a test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I know the feeling with pcos. it never hurts to test it if you think you might be pregnant, it is possible to get pregnant with pcos, I am due to have my second one on Wednesday next week, since I was diagnosed with pcos.

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I have extremely wacky cycles too, and have even before I had my son.  I say test, you can usually get them at dollar tree for $1.  What do you have to lose? 

MamaFLgurl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I would take a pregnancy test just to feel better and ease my mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)