Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That doesnt make any d*** sense.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

The daycare posted a sign saying they will be closed December 23rd and 24th.

The 24th I get-- I always expect them to be closed Christmas Eve (and Christmas Day) but the 23rd?? What? Do they just HAVE to get 2 free days that week?? I still have to pay $180-- but he CANT come on a completely insignificant day?? I still have to work BOTH those days!

Not too big of a deal THIS year-- because his Dad took off the whole week to keep him, but what about next year? When CE and CD are on the weekend? Are they just going to pick some random days to be off??

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jeepingirrl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM

That sucks.....I dont get why they would take the 23rd off.......did you ask them?

AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Im friends with one of his teachers and I was like-- that is pretty lame-- and she said "I think it's awesome" haha Well DUH! You're still getting paid!

But no I havent asked the management-- Im not going to cause a stink about it this year, but next year I may.. I dont want to use my vacation time AND still have to pay full price when there isnt even a holiday!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM
We have off the 24th and the the Monday after Christmas and we don't get paid holidays at the daycare i work for.

And we have off the Friday before new years and the Monday after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Quoting happymommy1105:

We have off the 24th and the the Monday after Christmas and we don't get paid holidays at the daycare i work for.

And we have off the Friday before new years and the Monday after.

Wow-- I've never worked anywhere that didnt pay holidays!? booooo

I worked for this same franchise-- but I guess it was never on a year that the holidays were weekends.. It just pisses me off-- I plan on having to 'deal' with it on CE and NYE because I never get those off-- but another day on top of it, is ridiculous.

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM

If it's a chain, it's likely part of a corporation, and alot of corporations have a specific number of holiday days per year, so if the holiday is on a weekend, they make them up at other times. 

I think paying for daycare when they're closed is a rip off too!  I don't know how they get away with it, except that all of us are desperate, so we have no real options.  I'm not too mad about it anymore, because my son's in after school care, and they don't charge any extra on "early release" days, but I know it used to tick me off! 

AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM

hmmmm ahhh that makes sense-- still sucks tho. Last year I had to pay someone $40 to watch him CE! :(

Quoting DDDaysh:

If it's a chain, it's likely part of a corporation, and alot of corporations have a specific number of holiday days per year, so if the holiday is on a weekend, they make them up at other times. 

I think paying for daycare when they're closed is a rip off too!  I don't know how they get away with it, except that all of us are desperate, so we have no real options.  I'm not too mad about it anymore, because my son's in after school care, and they don't charge any extra on "early release" days, but I know it used to tick me off! 

cadeesmommy0120
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Cadee's daycare SAYS that the days they are closed are figured in to how much we pay.  Not sure if it's true or not...

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:21 PM

That doesn't make much sense when they're the ones who set the price to begin with....  So they WERE going to charge you even more, but decided not to because of holidays?  Whatever...

Quoting cadeesmommy0120:

Cadee's daycare SAYS that the days they are closed are figured in to how much we pay.  Not sure if it's true or not...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)