Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its hard finding any fashionable maternity clothes! Just because im pregnant than means I have to dress like crap?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

So ive looked EVERYWHERE online for maternity clothes.  The best I found for a good price (for a single mom like myself) was Old Navy, Target, and the dare i say...Goodwills and Salvation Armys.  Seriously? Thats our options? If anyone else knows of some great INEXPENSIVE maternity stores please share your knowledge!  Also i want to give a semi-rant for some of the maternity stores i saw online ran by "mothers"...maybe you shouldnt have such high prices in this economy let alone if youre a mother.  That sends the wrong message like...you dont give a crap that single moms or most moms cant afford much money on their own personal clothing because they put it towards baby.  Help another mom out!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Try craigslist or ebay. (Although I hate ebay) ppl wear maternity clothes so short, its still in good condition n they sell it.

I never rly wore maternity clothes, I just wore leggings and loose tops. Leggings are in style now, you could wear that w a long loose fitting sweater and boots. bam!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Motherhood maternity is a good place and they're inexpensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Actually go TO the store, I see the maternity clothes in Target all the time, and while the selection isnt huge, I always think it's cute. Also Burlington Coat Factory has low priced maternity-- if you have those. And I saw some on JCPenney's site recently.

AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Quoting animebuddy:

Motherhood maternity is a good place and they're inexpensive.

And they have decent clearance racks!

Armygirl2299703
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Actually go TO the store, I see the maternity clothes in Target all the time, and while the selection isnt huge, I always think it's cute. Also Burlington Coat Factory has low priced maternity-- if you have those. And I saw some on JCPenney's site recently.

THIS!! Try being an overwieght mom and trying to find some! It was a nightmare but even I found some that were cute..heck I still wear the tops even tho I lost A LOT of my pre baby wieght after having my daughter.Good luck

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

zmama22
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

jc penny and sears have decent prices too. plus remember you don't need a whole wardrobe. a few pair of pants and tops.

DDDaysh
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Forever 21 just put in a maternity department, if that's what you like. 

Personally, I never wore maternity clothes because they were just too expensive.  I bought 5 long dresses and wore those as maternity clothes instead.  It's not fashionable, but I couldn't afford anything better. 

nappeal
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I had the same problem while I was preg...I ended up jus wearing my regular jeans w a belly band over the button, and bought normals tshirts that were maybe a size bigger and long.  I didn't get a chance to actually buy from this website, but I like kekesfashion.com (or kikisfashions) bc the clothes are cute and pretty inexpensive.  I also thought Gap and Old Navy were pretty good choices.

Chanel5nyc
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Never wore maternity clothes. Just wore a size or two bigger than my normal size.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)