Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible night!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 18 Replies

I got my tree out for the kids and I to put up tonight, and it's ruined. We have no Christmas tree, and I can not afford to buy a new. This whole day has sucked.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
animebuddy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I'm sorry, thats sad.  How did it get ruined?

aamommy2011
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM

oh that sucks. if you have "show me" beads for garland, draw an outline. thats what we did one year we didnt want a tree. it was easy put up and take down.

specialrevolver
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Aww, what happened?  Could you maybe get a mini one?  I dont know much they are...  Or find something you can decorate (maybe the entertainment stand or something)  Christmas isnt about a tree, its about so much more, good year to teach the kiddos that :)  Sorry, i can be one of those annoying ass 'glass half full' people lol.

Kissybratzmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Pieces are somehow missing, and broken. Not happy!!!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM

aww i'm sorry.  

i saw a tiny one at target for like 8 dollars the other day, i know it's kinda small and crappy but it's something.

mommynac
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:01 AM

How awful. I'm sorry. Do you have freecycle where you are? You might be able to get one that way.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:06 AM

craigslist, if possible! there's a free section and in my area, it seems like a lot of people are giving their trees away. i might do that too. i mean, we have a 2 ft tree, but it doesnt feel "christmas-y".

AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:36 AM
I wish you were closer, my parents offered me theirs, after i'd already bought a new one. Mine broke a couple weeks before christmas last year so we had no tree. Christmas morning was different, but not ruined! (Hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM
Walgreens sells the Charlie brown ones. You can make light of the whole situation and put one of those up :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I am getting a brand new 6.5 pre lit white tree thanks to some guy I don't even know :o) There are angels in this world!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)