Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

MIA- Should I be mad or worried

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm not going to go into all the details. Short version my son's father, Joe, has been trying to get his life together. My son was born in Jan. and Joe came down for a week. Then in June he wanted to move down here and move into my new place (he is in IL, I'm in FL) I told him until he got a real job and started contributing not only could he not move down here but he could not see Kit. Two days later he got a great job, good money but it's a traveling job. He's been working in AZ every other month and then goes to random other jobs before he has to be back in AZ. He came down in September and spent a week with us. Monday he called and said his job in Az was done early and he had atleast a week so he was going drive down monday night. I talked to him on weds, he had broke down in TX and was just getting back on the road. Then I talked to him thursday night. He was just about into Mississippi, was goin to stop in a couple hours and sleep then get back on the road. That was the last I heard from him. His phone has been going straight to voice mail until tonight. I called twice and it rang and rang and then when I called a third time it went straight to voice mail. He really doesn't speak to his family, but I called his brother and he hasn't heard anything.  He does have a history with drugs but hasn't done that in more than a year. I called one state trooper station and they said I would have to call each individual station along the way. That's 4 states and god knows how many stations. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I guess I'm just venting. I'm worried.....I'm mad... I just don't know what to do.
Sorry it's sooo long!!
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JessiJ
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:17 PM
I would be worried, but seeing his history (he doesn't seem very responsible) then I'd say he's probably fine!  But, I wouldn't be mad at him I would just continue to call and see if everything is okay.  There could be many reasons he hasn't called.....he could have broken down again and thought "she won't believe me or she'll be disappointed".....who knows what it really is...Men think sooo differently than we do!  Good luck, and let us know what happens

http://1.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/6/374/glitter_maker_09_10_2007_20_15_59_23593.gif" border="0">
- http://www.lookcut.com" title="weight loss">weight loss
mommabugg
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 9:44 PM

I know that a friend of mines husband was on long drive back home and him being a man....dumby left his phone charger in the hotel room 2 states back! didn't realize the phone was dead till he got tired and realize he had been driving for 7 hours...he found a room and called collect. She was happy that he was alive, but went out the next day and bought him a car charger, 1 charger for the office, 1 for the home, and 2 spares to keep in the car...LOL!!!

Maybe all is well and he is just being a ditz!

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)