Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT I'M ABOUT TO BREAK DOWN

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE SHE IS ACTING LIKE A TOTAL SPOILED BRAT. AND SHE IS HAVING A REALLY BAD HABBIT OF SMACKING ME WHEN I TELL HER NO! WHAT DO I DO....SHE IS ACTING SO SPOILED AND NOW SHE IS SCREAMING HER LUNGS OUT TRYING TO GET ME TO PICK HER UP AND SHE KEEPS HITTING ME TELLING ME NO....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
addismom06
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM
MY LITTLE ONE HAS JUST STARTED DOING THIS. YOU JUST HAVE TO IGNORE HER THE BEST YOU CAN.  I KNOW IT IS HARD BUT TRY IT.  IF YOU ARE HOLDING HER WHEN SHE HITS YOU PUT HER DOWN AND TELL HER THAT SHE ISN'T TO HIT MOMMY AND WALK AWAY.  IF SHE IS STANDING WHEN SHE HITS YOU SIT HER DOWN AND TELL HER SHE IS NOT TO HIT YOU AND WALK AWAY.  THIS WORKS WITH MINE.  SHE CRIES BUT I TRY TO GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS.  SOMETIMES I PUT HER IN HER CRIB AND LET HER THROW HER FIT SO SHE DOESN'T HURT HERSELF.  DON'T BREAK DOWN.  WE CAN'T HAVE POWER STRUGGLES WITH CHILDREN.  THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT WE ARE THE ADULTS.  IT WILL BE OK I PROMISE.  I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT YOU AREN'T ALONE.

CindyABsMom
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:34 PM
She sounds like she is trying to get a reaction and try as best as you can not to give one.  Take a deep breath, heck, go into the bathroom for a minute and take a deep breath.  Come out calm and act like that isn't the way to get attention.  My daughter used to do that and one day I flat out asked her if she needed attention and she said yes.  But, make sure she knows hitting is never ok.
Cindy
www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com
darkpoetess
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Quoting CindyABsMom:

She sounds like she is trying to get a reaction and try as best as you can not to give one.  Take a deep breath, heck, go into the bathroom for a minute and take a deep breath.  Come out calm and act like that isn't the way to get attention.  My daughter used to do that and one day I flat out asked her if she needed attention and she said yes.  But, make sure she knows hitting is never ok.
Cindy
Not to be off the topic, but I actually went into the bathroom, locked myself in there for a few minutes for me to calm down cause my kids were being very naughty, I come out, calm and then to discover my girls putting garlic salt and pepper all over the place in the kitchen EEKKS!!  I would just calm down count to 10.  Breath.  Its really hard being a single mom trust me I know. I have almost 5 kids.  I would just put her in time out, but don't say anything to her, cause any attention is some especially if shes getting a rise out of you for her hitting you.  I know its easier said than done.  Staying in time out gives you a break from her and her a break from you. You can do it. :) Hugs.

darkpoetess
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Quoting CindyABsMom:

Cindy
Not to be off the topic, but I actually went into the bathroom, locked myself in there for a few minutes for me to calm down cause my kids were being very naughty, I come out, calm and then to discover my girls putting garlic salt and pepper all over the place in the kitchen EEKKS!!  I would just calm down count to 10.  Breath.  Its really hard being a single mom trust me I know. I have almost 5 kids.  I would just put her in time out, but don't say anything to her, cause any attention is some especially if shes getting a rise out of you for her hitting you.  I know its easier said than done.  Staying in time out gives you a break from her and her a break from you. You can do it. :) Hugs.

mommabugg
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:40 PM
I know it's rough, but you will make it through. This is where she is learning your buttons...don't let her push them and remember...she is the little one. If you get to frustrated call a friend to come over and you walk outside for a few minutes.

It will be ok...good luck.

Diamond_Geminii
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Quoting addismom06:

MY LITTLE ONE HAS JUST STARTED DOING THIS. YOU JUST HAVE TO IGNORE HER THE BEST YOU CAN.  I KNOW IT IS HARD BUT TRY IT.  IF YOU ARE HOLDING HER WHEN SHE HITS YOU PUT HER DOWN AND TELL HER THAT SHE ISN'T TO HIT MOMMY AND WALK AWAY.  IF SHE IS STANDING WHEN SHE HITS YOU SIT HER DOWN AND TELL HER SHE IS NOT TO HIT YOU AND WALK AWAY.  THIS WORKS WITH MINE.  SHE CRIES BUT I TRY TO GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS.  SOMETIMES I PUT HER IN HER CRIB AND LET HER THROW HER FIT SO SHE DOESN'T HURT HERSELF.  DON'T BREAK DOWN.  WE CAN'T HAVE POWER STRUGGLES WITH CHILDREN.  THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT WE ARE THE ADULTS.  IT WILL BE OK I PROMISE.  I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT YOU AREN'T ALONE.

I agree. Place her in her crib and walk away. If the sound of her crying gets to you turn on the TV or some music. Listen to something relaxing while she get's her emotions out. She'll either a) stop crying when she realizes you're not coming back, or b) cry herself to sleep. Either way, don't lose your cool. Let her get it out in her room, in her way, and you go into another room and calm down yourself. You'll be doing both of you a huge favor. I hope this helps!

B :0)

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. So enjoy the gift of life TODAY! That's why it's called the PRESENT!
CindyABsMom
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 11:07 PM
I once grabbed my cell phone and went into the bathroom and called my sister. I was bawling. After a minute, I calmed down, got out my frustration, freshed up, and walked out like I was just fine.  It is hard, but you can do it. :)
Cindy
elvir2babes
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:47 AM
Wow, this is not a good thing, you have to nip it it the bud NOW, before she gets more demanding.
The child is trying to test her limits and your's. She is trying to get her way with you.
Maybe she got her way doing that with someone else.
Anyhow, I am glad I never had this problem when my daughter was younger.
I do know that it is a lot of work, but you must stand your ground and NOT give in to her when she cries and throws the tantrums. Make sure she is safe when she does this, and you have to ignore her, and make her eventually realize she can't use that as a way to get what she wants!
She may cry for hours at a time, and continue after, it will be nervewrecking and very hard to deal with, but it must be done if you don't want a spoiled brat!
Hope you stick with this, consistency is very important, even when you are tired and frazzled! I wish you the best!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)