Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I Feel So Alone All the Time

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
I feel so alone all the time.  My family is splintered in every which way and if I want to keep in contact with them I have to call them.  As much as I will continue to do this because I don't want to lose the, I do get tired of it.

I barely have any friends and I feel so lonely all the time.  Even with my friends no one ever calls me and if I want to do something I have to call them.  Am I not worth the effort anymore?

How do you get over these feelings of loneliness?

I work full time, my mom who I live with watches my daughter, and on my days off I'm home with my daughter and my mom stays in her room alot because she just wants to rest because she is tired from taking care of the baby.

I don't have the money to be joining groups and to be running all over the place to do activities, even though I would love too.  Even driving very far from my house is a waste of money for me right now because cash is so tight, so if I have to go out I make sure I get alot done at once.

I feel like crying....I just have no idea what to do!

Help!
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
supermommy7507
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:51 PM

girly, i am in the same boat as you....i live with my aunt but shes always out and having fun cuz shes only 36 and im always with my baby, which is ok but i need adult people too!! i just moved here and i aswell have no friends yet. i feel lonely too, i mean i talk to the baby and she keeps my secrets for me :) but i wish i had more people to talk to..i just started work again and its so nice but now im getting to where i need to find a sitter for here cuz most of my fam lives 30 min away and i cant keep bringing her there...
ill talk to you if you wanna friend!!!
CindyABsMom
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:55 PM
I feel the same way.  I have 190 friends on myspace and one of my best friends just died last week. I put up a bulletin hoping someone would say sorry about her dying, and only three even acknowledged it.  I was really bummed.  I only have about four close friends, well, three now, and I rarely get e-mails.  My kids are at their dad's house for the weekend and not one person has called me.  You are not alone....
Cindy
www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com
CrystalnSC
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:57 PM
Hey, Stephanie, things will get better I promise!  Sometimes, its like that for me as well.  Friends never call anymore to go out because well, they know I am probably going to tell them no anyway because I can't.  Its not that I don't want to, just that I have responsibilities, you know?  I know the weather is getting kinda chilly now but what about going and doing fun things with Kylie?  Taking her to the park on a warm day or maybe just going to walk the mall?  Things will happen for you, I promise.  You are doing all the right things!  Call your friends up and maybe go to lunch or something or to come over and hang out for a little.  If they are true friends, tell them that you need to just have some big girl time and could really use a visit or something.  I wish you nothing but the best and I promise, it'll get better!
(((Hugs)))

Crystal

www.cafemom.com/group/elvis

homefreemom
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 10:59 PM
I can relate, but in a different way - though I just took my "baby girl" to college - this is the first time in my life I've been alone after being married for 24 years.  I know NO ONE but my family that lives here and since I work from home, I don't get out everyday.

What I used to do when mine were little was find a play group or mother's day out, but I don't know if you work during the day or what - get yourself involved with an exercise class or a support group - feeling alone can be overwhelming, but the best thing you can remember is that you have to take care of YOU first, so you can be a good mommy to your beautiful little girl.

Hang tough - you can DO it!

Allison in Texas
JessiJ
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 11:09 PM
I totally believe that if you want something (friends, a night life, a husband, etc.) and you put it out there to the universe that you'll get it.  IF you're a fun and positive person you'll attract those kind of people.  It's hard and I understand.  I go to work (where I work with about 7 other people) and I come home to spend time with my baby.  I rarely go out and don't have many friends, but I'm content with life right now.  What you need will come along at just the right time.  best of luck,,,,maybe join a group online in your area to meet new friends! 

http://1.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/6/374/glitter_maker_09_10_2007_20_15_59_23593.gif" border="0">
- http://www.lookcut.com" title="weight loss">weight loss
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN