Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental Surgery

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 12:53 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me.  My son is having dental work done this coming Friday and they are putting him to sleep.  I am very worried about things. His doctor said that if he got sick within the next week that they can't to the work but he really needs it done.  I am soo worried that something will go wrong but he will be in a children's hospital while they are doing the work.  I don't know how it will be when he is done and what kind of pain he will be in after.  I'm afraid of the weekend after the work is done how bad it will  be for me being a single mom.   I'm not sure I can handle all of this.  Any advise would be helpful please.  Thanks
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
judy_bedker
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 1:41 AM
what kind of work is he having done? don't worry every thing will be ok. If u trust in God every thing will be ok and your son will be alright. the childrens hospital is very good i heard.
owynsmommy
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 1:46 AM
He has a mouth ful of cavities.  He is having crowns and fillings done.  Thanks for the advice.  Yes the children's hospital is very good.  I know to put it in God's hands but it's hard to do sometimes. 
Jodi_A
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 7:27 AM
I bet he surprises you with how quickly he recovers and moves on from it.  I understand your concerns, but wait and see how worried you need to be at the time.  Worrying now will do nothing but stress out both of you, most likely for nothing.  Good luck!
chgomom
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 7:33 AM
My son was two at the time. Due to antibiotics, etc when he was teething, his teeth came in bad. We had been through so much by then so it wasn't a surprise they had to be removed and fixed. Two procedures to remove were done in the hospital with no complications. Other than the fight to take him in and his initial reaction, he did really well. I think kids handle things so much better than we realize. Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)