Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The pursuit of happiness.......

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
Ok so how many times have I heard that and today I sit here and wonder if I will ever really find true happiness. I have my life on the right track finally after many failed attempts and I am doing great in school, I am maintaining a "B" average in nursing school while I raise two kids, which is better than most of the people in my class. My kids are going above and beyond most of the kids in their class. I am blessed to have family and friends that support me more than anyone could think so why is it that I feel like life is just passing me by and I can't do anything to stop it. Is it because most people my age have an education, jobs, spouses, houses, and cars and I don't have any of that yet. I don't want to look back one day and say that I did nothing with my life but yet I feel that way today. I know that I am the road to all the things that I want but I so wish that I would have done it 10 years ago when I graduated high school. I just hope that I am not the only one that feels like this.
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
abesmom26
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 6:58 PM
I totally understand what your talking about. I just turned 26 last week and that very thought dominated the majority of my thoughts during that day. I just got with my divorce, won custody of my son, and have a good job where I don't have to struggle so much. My son is growing and thriving everyday and is so smart and loving its unreal. But I see other people with families, careers, houses and I myself live in an apt, with a great roommate, and am still working on going to school for the exact thing you are. MY mother always tells me that greatness, true greatness, takes time and work. Your going to school, and doing well at it, and your raising two gorgeous kiddos in the process who are excelling and happy. You are on the right path, and yeah its a little further down the road then you liked, but the trick is that it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get on that path its just simply the matter that you do in fact go down that road and succeed. Who says you have to have everything figured out by highschool graduation? Who says there is an exact age that when you reach it you must have this, and this, and this?  The fact of the matter is that there is no set age, there is no set time, and the sooner you let go of this proposed timeline that everything must be done by the happier you'll be. I thought I had to be married and have two kids by the time I was 25...lol, I'm divorced with one amazing son, and you know what, thats totally ok.  He's beautiful and happy, and I'm finding my own happiness slowly myself:) Your blessed in ways that people pray for everyday:) So just enjoy it:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)