Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this make you mad?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

Last night, i asked my teacher for all my missing assignments. i KNOW that I'm missing work from week 4, 5 and 6. week 5 b/c i cannot open the damn thing on the CD!! i KNOW- without a doubt, i'm missing that work. but he said that i'm all caught up-- and the day that he missed (week 6), he just gave everyone credit for it-- but i wasnt even there that day! (he knows this too)

i dont know if i should be pissed-- i am in school to learn and honestly, i feel like i havent learnt anything... that all my other teachers were doing the same thing-- giving people credit when the work wasnt even turned in... my old teacher flat out told us thats what he does-- he takes the highest grade of the class and that becomes 100%... so lets say outta 10 questions, you got 3 wrong... you'd get 70% right? he turns that 70% into 100% and ups everyone else's grade by 30%.. so if you scored a 40%, you'd recieve 70%... make sense? hopefully. lol

or should i be glad? missing those assignments would put me down as failing and i do NOT want to fail!

i get the concept of it all- its 3D Max, which is awesome! lol but i still feel like i cheated. =/

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM

i know this is off topic... but BD hasnt written me back yet... pretty sure that he's mad at me. the letter i sent him said that DS is calling my BF "daddy"... that he knows who his dad is, but as for the daddy role- DS has chosen BF.... and that its something that BD has to deal with b/c if he was in the picture, he'd be daddy. and that he should be happy that BF has stepped up to the plate, as far as taking care of DS and helping me with him, etc since he couldnt even do it himself.

yea, i was kinda mean but i think he deserved it... plus he'd need to know just in case he does remain sober and meets up with us b/c one day, he'll meet BF and he'll see that DS calls him that.

MIMIBRIE
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

In a way I would be upset. You are going to have to know this stuff if its for ur future job. It seems like hes trying to be fair but how is it fair if you studied and got a good grade versus someone that could care less about the class and gets a free passing grade..

But if I was the one that didnt study or care for the class I would feel its a great thing.. So I guess it depends on which way you look at it

mommynac
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Is this college? Art School? I would be concerned about getting quality instruction, not so much what other students are getting in class. I would make sure the school's reputation in the program I'm studying is a good one in the professional community you plan to work in, especially if it is design work, and if it isn't, I'd find a school that was respected.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

its a technical school.... i'm not really sure WHY we're studying 3D Max, since i'm going into construction management, but its a required class. i get how to do everything, i just cant get the one project open, wasnt here for week 6 so i never got the assignment and week 4- i was just being lazy. =(

i do plan on going for visual communications-- not at this school, but another (lets be honest- this school sucks) and i know that i'll be learning about 3D Max in more detail since that WILL be in my career opportunities. (i'm gonna be doing a lot of different things. lol)

acastle2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I would be upset b/c for one thats a pretty big curve they are giving right there and is pretty much open for everyone to slack off you know. Esp if you transfer schools and you should know what you are knowing b/c you obviously "learned" it. I would do some self studying to nail all the test and screw up that curve for people. (I did that in HS hehehe) You pay for your education you should get it.

mommynac
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM

You are smart to switch schools, and to be open to a lot of different things. I'm a writer and I've worked for several agencies (some big ones). I've learned that when it comes to design (f that is what you are going into), it's really important, to get into an art school with a reputation. I would suggest calling different Ad Agencies to find out who has the best program (who places the most grads, or is preferred by the creative world), and go for it! Plus you'll feel better. When I made the switch from a community college to a major university, I got so much more out of it and felt so much better about my education.  

Quoting Shy_Dia:

its a technical school.... i'm not really sure WHY we're studying 3D Max, since i'm going into construction management, but its a required class. i get how to do everything, i just cant get the one project open, wasnt here for week 6 so i never got the assignment and week 4- i was just being lazy. =(

i do plan on going for visual communications-- not at this school, but another (lets be honest- this school sucks) and i know that i'll be learning about 3D Max in more detail since that WILL be in my career opportunities. (i'm gonna be doing a lot of different things. lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)