Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

work????

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

So what do you all do for work? Full time/part time? Is this what you want to be doing or just a last resort?

I am working as a bartender and also in a flower shop. Both part time and both minimum wage. I don't get much for tips at the bar due to the day shift hours that I work. I am going to school to better myself and be able to get a better job. These are just temporary and I hate both of them!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jeepingirrl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I work for Michigan Works two days a week. I have been here for almost 7 years. I worked full time up until I had my kids. I am also a Process Server, I do that about once a week and have been doing it forever, lol.

I am currently in school for Court Reporting, which I can not wait to finish.

petite101
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Right now I'm a SAHM. I was working for Sears and loved it when I was in the Jewelry dept. Not sure about school right now cause I have no clue what I want to do!

elizabeth.mary
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I'm not working at the moment, no one hires you when they can tell you're pregnant. Which sucks.

I'm going to school right now to be a Medical Admin Assistant. I should be done in about 6 weeks. Yay!

Rwive
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Medical Office Administrator, Part time, What I always wanted to do while doing school, lol I never wanted to work at McDonalds or anything while waiting to finish university, I am persuing a Human Development Masters, to open a Family Therapy bussiness so that families can be happy!

kissing

MommysAngels810
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:24 PM

I hear ya! I got laid off of my job when I was 2 months prego (they didn;t know) and then was trying to find a job after that. I actually went to a job interview a week before I was due! They definitely don't want to hire someone who will be going on maternity leave soon!!! Lol! I feel for ya!

Quoting elizabeth.mary:

I'm not working at the moment, no one hires you when they can tell you're pregnant. Which sucks.

I'm going to school right now to be a Medical Admin Assistant. I should be done in about 6 weeks. Yay!

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:37 PM

i work full time doing housekeeping for the mall  where i live its set hours tues-sat 4pm-11pm it has benefits

purplebroom
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM

hey mommy angel,

i am independent consultant, i love what i do... my work doesnt feel like work specially when u enjoy it. the compensation is amazing. i have been so amazed on how quick and easy how this business is so easy to earn and gain maximum wealth... if u are interested in i would be glad to save u the time from being defeated in jobs that take to much of ur time and energy.

I am a 29 year old mama of 3... aiming to get my mercedes, incetive from the company i work with. i put as little as of 15 hours a wk and love meeting new people here around the world this business has allowed me to do that.

let me ask u... if u had all the money in the world... what would be the first thing u buy???

"find a job u like, and its like never working a day in ur life"

purplebroom

fireangels2
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I am currently a SAHM due to health reasons and my doctors and I don't agree that I will most likely never be able to return to work. It sucks, big time. Before this I had been a CNA for 12 years and had just started college to get my pre-reqresites out of the way for nursing school, I wanted so much to continue on and be a nurse.

Now, I have no idea what to do.

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Feb. 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I'm a sahm at the moment. I normally work as a disability support worker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)