Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your close friends..

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM
  • 35 Replies

How did you meet them?

I think i need to make real life friends maybe i would feel better....because the friends i got arent helpful because they have their own problems..so thats why i feel so alone.

Like if my car broke down i would have no-one to call to help me. (just an example) like my friends say they will be there for me, but really they arent. If i ask for something small they have an excuse.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM

some in high school and some through other friends.

dude though, even though my friends are for the most part good ppl, i probably would be on my own if i was movng or my car broke down. no one likes to help w that shit.

single_and_preg
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Quoting faerie75:

dude though, even though my friends are for the most part good ppl, i probably would be on my own if i was movng or my car broke down. no one likes to help w that shit.

oh lol..... maybe im just feeling to depressed today then....

I have no long term friends, i think its because we moved here right before i graduated and i never really met anyone. I was quiet in school.

Rwive
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I met my best freind at school, I was the weird looking girl, lol very unussuall, and she was just shy, se we both sat at the back of the class, and she asked me for my name (I will never forget this day) I turned around and very meanly said: Brenda, and then turn back, lol she kept talking to me and telling me things about her, I was gettin anoyed, lol cause i didnt wanted to talk to anyone (Like I said I was just different), well on Lunch break, she followed me to the cafeteria and we just hang togheter all the time after that..lol we became inseparables, everyday during school, after school, and on the weekends! lol if I was sick or she was sick we would spend all day in the phone laughing..lol I miss her, my sweet friend, we are still really good friends except now we live far away.

Rwive
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Oh I would go and help!! lol but again like I said, I am just very different! lol

Quoting single_and_preg:

Quoting faerie75:

oh lol..... maybe im just feeling to depressed today then....

I have no long term friends, i think its because we moved here right before i graduated and i never really met anyone. I was quiet in school.

MamaFLgurl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I'm right there with you. I have good friends back in FL ( who I met in high achool and my old job) but i'm in OK sadly and I have one friend..maybe..she is more of a lets do something once every blue moon kinda friend. If I really needed something, I dont have any one to call either if I needed help. I dont have friends by choice i've tried harder than I should have to meet people but I just never fit in, in this town.

I'm hoping to change all that when I move to TX and make a fresh new start.  I've been in TX before and felt more welcome and people were more openminded to new people then OK is.

You can move to Texas with me ;)

aamommy2011

my close friend is my ex gf. we met freshman year in the cafeteria. i had just dyed my hair with blue streaks, and she tells me "your hair is blue!" and i was like "yeah.....sooo?" and we hit it off, and dated. we're still really good friends after like 4 years.

jeepingirrl

My good friends I met in first grade. I also have a very good friend that used to date my brother. Those friends I know would be there for me for whatever I needed, and I would do the same for them.

AMsMommy212
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Lindsy I met on the school bus when I was in 4th grade

Amber I met online in a "OC" chatroom, 7 years ago.

Jason I met through other friends, and Ana is his GF.

Those are my 'go-to', closest friends.

MommysAngels810
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I met my best friend through my sister. My sis was dating my friends bro and we started hanging out. Now that sis and bro are broke up we still talk. She has her own issues so can't help all the time but she's always been someone to talk to and is actually going with me to get my new tattoo!! With your car example, most of my exbf's friends would help me out cause they think he was a jackass for leaving me and would do anything to help me out! Good friends do make life better. Is there maybe a club or something in your town that you could join? I know a few people here play volleyball together once a week and they are all friends now.

PhantomsFairie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I met most of my close friends in junior high. Some I did meet while with my ex. They're mostly guys who are super supportive and very over-protecitve. Girls are generally evil, petty, and vindictive so be careful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)