Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a delima now

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, has anyone had to have a hysterectomy? If so, was it before you got married and "settled" down? How did other S/O's look at it?

I have endo and a hell of a bad case of it. I have to go back on the 16th of this month to do a pre-op consult. I will either be getting the endo burned off, again for the 3rd time. Or having a full hysterectomy. I have one child.....I want more. But I know with this I can't have more. Idk I'm just looking for some support I guess and some thoughts about this. IDK really. Thanks for reading. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM
I'm sorry I don't know. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Thank you!

camommy08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

i know my ex mom just got an endo! ot it doen on friday. but beyond that i have no idea...maybe u can adopt! good luck

Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:12 PM

((hugs)) I wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary but, that's just me. Every major surgery has its risks, and that's a major surgery. Not to scare you but, someone close to me had that done and then died the next day from a blood clot after surgery :o(

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

yes I know its major surgery. its not the surgery I'm scared of, its the not getting into a relationship again because someone wants bio children and I can't have them anymore. if u can understand that one. Its either have the surgery and start to live a more than some what pain free life vs live a painful life and have days to weeks at a time that I can't even sit up because the pain is so bad. I am thinking of having it burned off one more time bc i know what I can do with that surgery and by the time it will start to act up again i will be close to my yr at where i work now, so i will have a paid week off that i can take then, unlike having it done now. 

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

((hugs)) I wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary but, that's just me. Every major surgery has its risks, and that's a major surgery. Not to scare you but, someone close to me had that done and then died the next day from a blood clot after surgery :o(

jeckellette
by on Feb. 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM

IDK, here's a bump for you though. Sorry you're going through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)